Riots

Sponsored Links
Unsurprising. Not many political groups attack books and bookshops. What does history tell us about this act ...

I predict that many Brexiters will shed a lot of Brexitears when the country starts to realise what being a tiny island on the edge of a massive economic superpower really means.

But, it might not be so bad. Cuba is doing OK, isn't it?

Singapore
Hong kong

Both of which are in decline!

Sponsored Links
also in decline. there are other sources that report similar findings.

GB, as well as many of the other leading economies, has relied on immigrant labour for centuries. Isolationism is never good for the economy, and combined with ageing populations to support, and the growth of major economic zones (EU and China), the little guys who once wield much of the world's power are finding themselves falling behind. And in all these countries, it's a combination of right wing backward heads-in-the-sand make-our-country-great again, close-the-borders thinking that is having an opposite effect - the open markets are exploited by the competition who can nab the cheap labour and lucrative trade deals that we no longer seem to want.

But, at the moment we seem to have bigger worries - start stockingpiling food, the combination of global(no it's not!)warming and Brexit could well lead to serious food shortages. Or is that just project fear? As the scouts say, always be prepared! I might start buying tinned fruit and beans....

Last time I. Looked it was

So they are not a small island on the edge of a major power?

They are a very small country though. I wonder if being in a super power area helps them at all?

They are a very small country though. I wonder if being in a super power area helps them at all?

Luxembourg, heart of the EU.

Major tax haven.

But I thought (according to quitters) it was only the remain team that practised 'project fear'? :LOL:

Its not a project fear, opposite if anything.
There is 'project fear' when one side makes exaggerated claims or blatant lies, e.g several million Turks, straight bananas, they need us more than we need them, etc.
There is 'project complexity', when one side explains the sheer complexity of the situation, and how difficult it is going to be to disentangle, how long it will take, how deep the partnership is and how far the reaches of the partnership goes, and the amount of time, effort, finance is involved.

Any sensible person can differentiate the difference.

It's not helping
Greace
Spain
Portugal
Italy

Shall I go on?

Sponsored Links
Back