Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Show me where I "carry on pretending that (I) don't know what it means."
You can't, coz I haven't.

Bell end.
I can, because you have.

Here:

upload_2019-4-11_9-59-36.png

Of course, you always have the option of being a bell end by pretending that when you give a like to a post in which someone pretends that he doesn't know what it means that you don't actually agree with him. But I think that most people operate on the basis that one only expresses approval and support of ideas one agrees with.

Sponsored Links
I can, because you have.

Here:

View attachment 162540

Of course, you always have the option of being a bell end by pretending that when you give a like to a post in which someone pretends that he doesn't know what it means that you don't actually agree with him. But I think that most people operate on the basis that one only expresses approval and support of ideas one agrees with.

And that still doesn't show anything about my "pretending to know not what it means", nor Notch's; his post only says that which (I'd wager, most) people in this country would believe; that your ascribed meaning is alien to them.

Notch was spot-on with the following; you're inability (unwilllingness) to learn:

one must reach the conclusion a shadow hangs over the persons ability to learn (y)

That is the bit I "liked".

You're not very good at this, are you?

And that still doesn't show anything about my "pretending to know not what it means", nor Notch's; his post only says that which (I'd wager, most) people in this country would believe; that your ascribed meaning is alien to them.
Except that he didn't, did he.

a phrase that has no meaning in this country

It does have meaning in this country. I accept that there are a lot of people who are not familiar with it, but so what? There are probably hundreds of thousands of words and phrases which Notch and you don't know - what is the world supposed to do, dumb down to your level?

Do you know what the right thing is to do when you encounter a word or phrase which you don't know?

It is to look it up, to research it, and to actually learn something.

It is not to persist in claiming that it has no meaning just because you didn't know it, and it is absolutely not to persist in saying that it has no meaning after you have been shown that it unequivocally does.

No matter whether you did know it before I used it the first time, Notch, and you, know what it means because you've been shown definition after definition after definition of it.

So when Notch says "a phrase that has no meaning in this country" he is pretending.

And when you express approval of that you are also pretending.

Notch was spot-on with the following; you're inability (unwilllingness) to learn:

That is the bit I "liked".
No - it really does not work like that. You liked his entire post, you expressed support fort everything in it. If you wanted to agree with only one part of it you should have quoted just that part and written something in support of that.

But I will agree that there is one thing I am unwilling to learn, and that is that I should dumb down my vocabulary and stop using phrases of which people are initially unfamiliar in order to match their poor ability and their refusal to learn.

You're not very good at this, are you?
I am extraordinarily good at this.

The problem is that you are so bad that you think your deplorably poor abilities actually count as good.

Except that he didn't, did he.

It does have meaning in this country. I accept that there are a lot of people who are not familiar with it, but so what? There are probably hundreds of thousands of words and phrases which Notch and you don't know - what is the world supposed to do, dumb down to your level?

Do you know what the right thing is to do when you encounter a word or phrase which you don't know?

It is to look it up, to research it, and to actually learn something.

It is not to persist in claiming that it has no meaning just because you didn't know it, and it is absolutely not to persist in saying that it has no meaning after you have been shown that it unequivocally does.

No matter whether you did know it before I used it the first time, Notch, and you, know what it means because you've been shown definition after definition after definition of it.

So when Notch says "a phrase that has no meaning in this country" he is pretending.

And when you express approval of that you are also pretending.

No - it really does not work like that. You liked his entire post, you expressed support fort everything in it. If you wanted to agree with only one part of it you should have quoted just that part and written something in support of that.

But I will agree that there is one thing I am unwilling to learn, and that is that I should dumb down my vocabulary and stop using phrases of which people are initially unfamiliar in order to match their poor ability and their refusal to learn.

I am extraordinarily good at this.

The problem is that you are so bad that you think your deplorably poor abilities actually count as good.

Nah, I just have a life outside of GD, and am not overly-bothered by the foaming, dribbling diatribes of an wretchedly-twisted specimen such as yourself (y)

Brigadier reserves the right to hold a grudge whenever he has been embarrassed.
That grudge will often take the form of thanking or liking posts that fabricate facts, insult you, or distort what you have said, irrespective of the validity of the comment.

Your (BAS's) example of brigadier thanking notch for an incorrect, fabricated, trolling post is typical of such grudge behaviour from brigadier.

It is to look it up, to research it, and to actually learn something
Why on earth would I want to kearn a phrase only used by BAS in this country.

That would be the action of a stupid person.

Himmie seems happy to learn such a phrase :ROFLMAO:

Saved by the bell.
upload_2019-4-11_21-56-23.png

There was no mention of immigrants in your linked to article. In fact official data shows that the likelihood is that they would invariably be indigenous people.
So you were inciting hatred against immigrants without a shred of evidence. Pure mischief!

Wrong!

A stupid person learns useless phrases.........that be you

A clever person filters out the useless stuff........that be me
It's not useless if it avoids you making a complete fool of yourself, (and others such as brigadier at the same time).

Notch demonstrates just how absurd he can become.
Add that to his claim that racism is not divisive or dangerous, but objecting to racism is dangerous and divisive!

upload_2019-4-12_10-33-4.png

If a case is made, it can be refuted. But if no case is made, i.e. it is a simple, pure and unsupported assertion, it is not possible to disprove the assertion because there is nothing to disprove.
You merely made an assertion, without presenting a case, there was nothing to disprove.
Bodd was accused of being a liar in context and on the occasion of presenting fake news. A straight forward, demonstrable case was made.

Let me show you the difference. Your pure assertions without making any case:
upload_2019-4-12_10-41-32.png

Your first assertion, you asked a question and without waiting for an answer, you accuse me of lying! How ludicrous is that?
You then claim 'the' statement is untrue, which statement you are referring to is a mystery, but you assert that I am a liar because you say the statement is untrue, but you haven't provided any relevant statement to which you refer, nor any evidence or argument to support your assertion! Simply an assertion!
Finally, you ask me to look up some definitions of 'faux pedantry', and other phrases that are irrelevant to our discussion because I have never used them.
In the process I am somehow suppose to prove that I am not a liar, not a liar about what?

You see, your assertions are pure and simple assertions without contextualising them or presenting a case where you claim I have lied.

It is not possible to disprove a pure and simple assertion unless it is contextualised and supported by examples.
You cannot present examples because there are none!
If or when you do or can present specific examples, I can refute them.

On the other hand, bodd intentionally presented fake news. He presented some photographs and claimed that they were images of Paris last weekend when evidently they were not!

Last edited:
dd that to his claim that racism is not divisive or dangerous, but objecting to racism is dangerous and divisive

Oh dear.

Lies from Himmie.

I didnt say objecting to racism is wrong.

What I said is that you calling many people racist and ranting about it is divisive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back