RIP Steve Irwin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Heard on the news this morning that Steve Irwin (Crocodile Hunter)has been killed in a marine accident. Not killed by a massive croc, but stabbed in the chest by a stingray barb. What a terrible way to die.

That man had so much enthusiasm for everything he did and had such an amazing affinity with animals of all types.

Sponsored Links
Sad yes, but at least he died doing what he loved..........and it may have been less painful than being eaten by a Croc!!!!!! :)

Fate loves her little jokes. He spent years dicing with man eating crocks and then gets poked in the chest by a fish half his size.

Sponsored Links
I think it was bound to happen sooner or later, I remember watching him lying nose to nose with one of the planets deadliest snakes and wondering what his life insurance was costing him! Its his kids I feel for, I mean his wife married him knowing he put his life on the line on a regular basis but I don't suppose that'll help his 8 and 3 yr old when they want their Daddy........ :(

yep! it's tight on his wife and kids but these people that go round pokeing and proding wild animals are going to get done in every now and then, I saw the other night on the telly that guy that goes after snakes got bit by an adder after messing about with it and was nearly a gonna he cried that he only had 10 mins to live but was ok , anyway! poor old Steve didnt deserve to die.
but please don't mess with wild animals.

I asked my cat and she said: "He's been tormenting innocent animals for too long. He had it coming; I'm only sorry he wasn't run over by a Skoda. Now where did I leave that dead mouse I saved for lunch?"

For all animal lovers around the world it's a sad day. That man's love of the out-doors and wildlife was second to none. R.I.P :(

Rest easy Steve Irwin.

He took risks sometimes, but if he did not, maybe he could not have been the man that he was. He really lived. He was passionate and dedicated to his love of animals. His entusiasm was infectious and his joie de vive made his passing all the more shocking.

Its a great loss for his young family, but hopefully in time they will come to realise the good that he did.

Many loved what he gave.

......and for those of morbid curiosity, I heard on the news this morning that the documentary makers are going to show this as they say 'Steve would have wanted it' :eek:

i once saw a documentary on the life of this guy.And he was messing with this huge croc...and i was amazed he was carrying a young child with him.and from that day i said to myself this guy is out of order...But if it hadn't been a stingray,i'm sure it would have been something else.
Condolencies all the same.

vokera80e said:
i once saw a documentary on the life of this guy.And he was messing with this huge croc...and i was amazed he was carrying a young child with him.and from that day i said to myself this guy is out of order...But if it hadn't been a stingray,i'm sure it would have been something else.
Condolencies all the same.
I was in Australia when that happened, there was a real out cry about it at the time but not long after he was made Australian of the year.
3n_croc,0.jpg

**** the grammer.

The guy no doubt knew his stuff, and was a real character, but if you will play with fire.. Still as has been said before, thoughts must go out to his family.

Sponsored Links
Back