Rishi or Liz?

People challenge the system when the results aren't the ones they like. The public will get a chance to vote on her soon enough. She better pull her socks up. At the end of the day none of the lefties are going to be pleased they have a new conservative PM. For them its like being offered a bag of wasps to eat with a choice of salt n vinegar or cheese and onion.
Some people just want the country run well, doesn't matter what party they are from.

The system is what it is and has been for years. Doesn't mean it produces the best choice though

Sponsored Links
43 to 57%, = ~32% more votes. But yes I expected more.
Boris it seems did a lot better. The concern seems to be the number of MP's who actually back her as well.

On gas aspects it seems to be labours idea but no windfall tax. Odd as Mrs T used one.
26 May 2022 — Windfall taxes have been used by Tory governments at least three times in the last 40 years. Margaret Thatcher and Geoffrey Howe.
I've not checked that is correct but Mrs T did.

The argument about them investing profit and more when they are making unusually large amounts is a rather mixed one really.They make business decisions end of not strategic as far as a country is concerned.

Braverman will be interesting. . Right wing, anti Bill of Rights, anti "woke rubbish". Priti close to a carbon copy.

Sunak's idea about about corporation tax and relating it to CapEx is interesting but I suspect it would need to be a pretty savage difference to work. It needs to offset risk. Curious thing is that Labour have a similar idea concerning borrowing. CapEx should give tangible results. It suggests taxation has to cover anything else. They also want to reduce taxation levels. Given where they are that is hardly surprising.

Wilson - he'd increase taxation to get debt down. I wonder?????? In his period much lower levels were needed.

Sponsored Links
Sunak's idea about about corporation tax and relating it to CapEx is interesting but I suspect it would need to be a pretty savage difference to work. It needs to offset risk. Curious thing is that Labour have a similar idea concerning borrowing. CapEx should give tangible results. It suggests taxation has to cover anything else. They also want to reduce taxation levels. Given where they are that is hardly surprising.

Wilson - he'd increase taxation to get debt down. I wonder?????? In his period much lower levels were needed.
That's right, you couldn't get a cigarette paper between the neoliberal Conservative Party and the neoliberal Labour Party when it comes spouting the usual, false 'tax/borrow' narrative.

Either they don't understand how government spending works or, they do know but don't want you to know.
Which do you think it is?

I don't think that has much to do with it really. Lady, right noises for the Tory members etc. Sunak will probably also be seen as a reason for some aspects of where we are. However the treasury are involved in taxation decisions. Truss says ignore them.

I think it's everything to do with it, Johnson still had massive support among Tory party membership, voting for the man who brought him down was always going to be tough hurdle.

:ROFLMAO: Maybe it will cause a real crash, red cross food parcels and all. Get it over with and start again as a 2 1/2 world country. UN or army needed to quell riots. Army not happy as not being paid etc. :eek: A real property price crash may help too. Loads of bankrupt landlords and etc. Pension funds and others not showing enough return.

Actually one of the pundits on BBC2 lunchtime touched on that. He supports Truss and her ideas but upset what I call the money market who expect an economy to be run in a certain way and whoops the GBP goes down and it's a question of how far.

The FT seems to have had an article in it today wondering how Truss's ideas can stack up.

We've had her election campaign not really aimed at the general public - What's next.

It was always going to be close, they were the final two.
It would have been more interesting if all the candidates just received votes in one go.

I think it's everything to do with it, Johnson still had massive support among Tory party membership, voting for the man who brought him down was always going to be tough hurdle.
No - I think the majority put off him will be for exactly the same reason as you posted yourself. Then come loyalty but face facts in real terms he was not the only one.

On the other hand Tory party members are sometimes interviewed. The only word I can use to describe a proportion is vacant.

LONDON (AP) _ A car exploded in flames about 120 feet from Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher’s official residence early Tuesday, and news reports said the driver committed suicide to protest unemployment. Press Association, the British domestic news agency, said the driver - a 41-year-old man - left a suicide note saying: ″Too young to retire, too old to live.″ Scotland Yard declined to comment on the unattributed report.

Read some more - fact also more info about him.

Sponsored Links
Back