Running a cable around a corner

For what it's worth, I thought three walls were involved too.
Interesting - all goes to show how different people interpret things in different ways. Of those who have commented, it seems that I am 1:3 in the minority, even though it transpired that my 'interpretation' was actually the correct one!

As I wrote this morning,for just a few seconds I wondered about that as well, but when I looked at the second diagram, I immediately 'decided' that there were actually only too walls, since it seemed very unlikley that the OP would very clearly indicate the position of one corner but giving no indication at all of a second one (had there been a second one).

Sponsored Links
Interesting - all goes to show how different people interpret things in different ways. Of those who have commented, it seems that I am 1:3 in the minority, even though it transpired that my 'interpretation' was actually the correct one!

As I wrote this morning,for just a few seconds I wondered about that as well, but when I looked at the second diagram, I immediately 'decided' that there were actually only too walls, since it seemed very unlikley that the OP would very clearly indicate the position of one corner but giving no indication at all of a second one (had there been a second one).
I read the original drawing as a fairly standard 'plan view' and below it a fairly standard 'front elevation' as they would appear in the '3 wall option'. However I struggled to interpret the position of socket, boiler and cupboards relative to each other as shown in the 2 views and went down the bad drawing assumption.
I wonder how this would be interpreted?:
1715646634509.png

I read the original drawing as a fairly standard 'plan view' and below it a fairly standard 'front elevation' as they would appear in the '3 wall option'. However I struggled to interpret the position of socket, boiler and cupboards relative to each other as shown in the 2 views and went down the bad drawing assumption.
I don't really understand why people have had a problem in understanding what the OP was describing.

The only thing which seems a bit confusing is his depiction of cupboards to the right of the boiler in the plan view - but, given his indication of where the 'red socket' is, that's irrelevant to the matter that people have been arguing about.

His 'plan view' seems to show very clearly that the two socket positions are on two walls that intersect at a corner (with no intervening walls), and the 'front elevation' diagram is also consistent with that. What is not clear about this (in relation to 'walls and sockets') ?

1715649766791.png

I don't really understand why people have had a problem in understanding what the OP was describing.

The only thing which seems a bit confusing is his depiction of cupboards to the right of the boiler in the plan view - but, given his indication of where the 'red socket' is, that's irrelevant to the matter that people have been arguing about.

His 'plan view' seems to show very clearly that the two socket positions are on two walls that intersect at a corner (with no intervening walls), and the 'front elevation' diagram is also consistent with that. What is not clear about this (in relation to 'walls and sockets') ?

View attachment 343051
As far as I'm concerned the only clear indication of the position of the 2 sockets are ringed on blue and red (NOT GREY as you stated) and to clarify those clear images of sockets duly ringed in blue and red have been highlighted here with orange arrows:
1715651422922.png

Attachments

• 1715652477142.png
    1715652477142.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
As far as I'm concerned the only clear indication of the position of the 2 sockets are ringed on blue and red (NOT GREY as you stated) and to clarify those clear images of sockets duly ringed in blue and red have been highlighted here with orange arrows:
Sure but, as I illustrated, in the 'plan view', the positions of the two ('red' and 'blue') sockets are equally clearly indicated, in positions on two walls which directly intersect at right angles, - with no 'third wall' between the two bearing the sockets.

Having established the clearly indicated positions of the socketsI have approximately transposed that onto my previous sketch and I'd be interested to know where you believe they appear in my plan (top down) view?
1715652051900.png

All this does is clearly establish the issues with the OP and had they included the photo, very few responses would have been necessary.

Having done countless kitchens, the plan view (top down) is the starting point .......... and as we all know the top down view wasn't a top down view as most people interpret it

All this does is clearly establish the issues with the OP and had they included the photo, very few responses would have been necessary.

Having done countless kitchens, the plan view (top down) is the starting point .......... and as we all know the top down view wasn't a top down view as most people interpret it
Having made that comment it is certainly the more 'standard' format part of the drawing.

Even by my standards, I fins these arguments pretty amazing. People seem to be persisting in arguing to explain/justify why they misinterpreted the OP's (unclear) diagrams, even though the OP received an immediate correct reply to his question based on an interpretation of his situation which, for whatever reason, was correct.
Having established the clearly indicated positions of the socketsI have approximately transposed that onto my previous sketch and I'd be interested to know where you believe they appear in my plan (top down) view?
As I wrote, the problem with your "top down plan", reflecting the same problem in the OP's one, is that it seems to be incorrect in terms of things to the right of the wall bearing the 'red' socket. If one does not look at things to the right of that wall, I would suggest that the positions of the two sockets (on two walls which intersect at one corner) are crystal clear ...

1715689969541.png

As I wrote before, this seems at least as close to 'ruining a thread' as does anything else, given that it could have ended with post #2.

It's strange - I was all ready to blame the drawing - but the drawing is in fact 'correct'.

Somehow couldn't interpret it correctly, even though all the information was there.

Maybe - there was too much information on the diagram.

It's strange - I was all ready to blame the drawing - but the drawing is in fact 'correct'.
In terms of what is to the right of the wall bearing the 'red socket' (and boiler) in the OP's 'top down' diagram), I think it is incorrect (in comparison with the photo), and certainly confusing, but that is irrelevant to the issues we've been discussing - since it IS correct up to and including that wall with the 'red' socket, and that part of the diagram is totally consistent with the ('clear') 'elevation' diagram which followed.

I can but presume that those who were talking about an imagined 'third wall' (between the two bearing sockets) had not noticed (or 'taken in') the marked positions of the sockets in the 'top down' diagram (I confess that I initially didn't 'notice', briefly).

It may not apply here, but what I have done in the past is to make use of the 150mm zones to get cables from A-B.

In terms of what is to the right of the wall bearing the 'red socket' (and boiler) in the OP's 'top down' diagram), I think it is incorrect (in comparison with the photo), and certainly confusing, but that is irrelevant to the issues we've been discussing - since it IS correct up to and including that wall with the 'red' socket, and that part of the diagram is totally consistent with the ('clear') 'elevation' diagram which followed.

I can but presume that those who were talking about an imagined 'third wall' (between the two bearing sockets) had not noticed (or 'taken in') the marked positions of the sockets in the 'top down' diagram (I confess that I initially didn't 'notice', briefly).
I believe the top down view and the photo agree exactly, assuming the worktop to the right does run along the 3rd wall (the wall with the window)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back