Running hot and cold pipes in soil stack duct

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I need to run a pair of hot and cold pipes from the boiler on the ground floor to the loft to feed a digital shower unit. The soil stack ducting is in the perfect place, being right next to the boiler and ending up in the loft next to where the shower unit will go. The duct is currently insulated (although this is obviously for soundproofing, not to keep my waste warm on its way out) but is open at the top where it enters the loft. The loft space is well insulated from the house, and being a cold space am I likely to cause a condensation issue by routing pipes up through the duct? Will it be ok if I insulated the pipes as I install them?

Many thanks, Phil

Sponsored Links
No reason to cause condensation if well insulated and no reason to not use the duct if you have the space for the pipework and clipping.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back