Soil pipe & flexible ducting leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

There is flexible ducting between the soil pipe & the soil pipe outlet where it goes through the wall. I have noticed a small damp patch on the ceiling so took a look in the void where the pipe exits through the wall. It seem there is a slight drip where the flexible ducting has been fitted to the plastic pipe.

As far as i can tell this is from condensation?

Is there any way to get round this? I can access where the soil pipe exits through the wall to outside but cant get to the other end of the spoil pipe.

Sponsored Links
Assuming that you're describing a connection to a WC pan then, if there's enough moisture to produce a damp patch on a ceiling, it sounds more likely to be a leak than condensation.

I'm not clear from your description but it sounds like you have a flexible pan connector joining the soil stack?

A photo might be helpful.

Assuming that you're describing a connection to a WC pan then, if there's enough moisture to produce a damp patch on a ceiling, it sounds more likely to be a leak than condensation.

I'm not clear from your description but it sounds like you have a flexible pan connector joining the soil stack?

A photo might be helpful.

Will try and get a pic tomorrow.

Its basically a length of flexible ducting connecting the plastic soil pipe (horizontal) to the piece of plastic soil pipe where it vents through the wall

Sponsored Links
147C57F7-F392-4205-ADE1-D55F441858E0.jpeg
Toilet > rigid waste pipe > flexible pipe > soil stack ?

2F5119DA-6AE5-4072-B103-C44BB78AC975.jpeg
F73E41A8-EA8A-42D8-9D30-D7951925F6F3.jpeg

What colour is the flexible piping?

I see it the white or black as shown?

Just to be clear - this pipework is connecting a toilet to the external stack?

The photo you have posted is extractor flexible ducting.

Is this the type of thing you're looking at?
upload_2019-5-11_22-36-24.jpeg

I'm sorry to be dense but what is this pipework connecting to the soil stack?

Need to see the photos but sounds like a bodged up connection to an exterior SVP (soil vent pipe). If the flexible ducting has been used to come straight off the top of the highest branch to the wet soil pipe to wc then it's a bodge.

I've come to the same conclusion. Possibly SVP has been altered/extended in which case as @dilalio has already said, it's a bodge and the leak could be either condensation or rainwater.

A photo wold be very helpful.

As stated a photo would be best for us to inform you of what to do next. If you do have flexible extractor fan ducting used in a soil pipe then it must have been a very temporary repair carried out by a non-trade.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back