Rwanda

39 people smugglers have been arrested across Europe. 2 in the UK. Large stock of boats and life jackets found. Those kept in Germany and sent to France a couple a time.
Apparently these criminals had sent 1000's of illegals to the UK before being arrested.
I have no doubt there will be others who will step in to take over their racket.
Supply and demand, and all that.
The EUs policy of open borders is the reason that these illegals can get to the English channel so easily.
On the plus side, the EU is sowing the seeds of its own destruction.

Sponsored Links
Apparently these criminals had sent 1000's of illegals to the UK before being arrested.
They think about 10,000. Arrests made by EU states police forces. They now know how the gear arrived.

There was a mulitnational large drug bust not long ago - UK didn't take part.

Rest of you post. Not worth commenting.

Yes I can you don’t care about facts

heres some more facts you won’t care about

Farmers are letting food rot in the fields because they can't find the labour to bring the crops in.
The government needs to mobilise the nation to sort these problems out in order to mitigate the effects of food inflation.
I am not talking about pressganging the unemployed, everyone should volunteer to do their bit.
People need to stop thinking about themselves, which paradoxically would be in their own self interest.
I used to support Boris but he has let the country down, he has ****ed up Brexit and without Putins invasion of Ukraine to divert public attention, he would already be gone.

They think about 10,000. Arrests made by EU states police forces. They now know how the gear arrived.

There was a mulitnational large drug bust not long ago - UK didn't take part.

Rest of you post. Not worth commenting.
Your original post said 39 arrested, against 10, 000 (that they know about).
Not a very good result.
Rest of you post. Not worth commenting
You have just commented on it.
Very strange.

Sponsored Links
Actually, you mean 'I have posted plenty of other peoples evidence that Brexit has led to supply chain issues but am unable to post any of my own'?

Visiting a supermarket, is not evidence.

Mottie saying “I’ve seen no shortages” is not evidence.

You have seen shortages, we all have…..but you choose to not admit it.

The government needs to mobilise the nation to sort these problems out in order to mitigate the effects of food inflation

The resolution to the problem is to have some freedom of movement for these seasonal, itinerant jobs.

farming and hospitality need the flexibility of young working migrants.

You saying "There's shortages" and simply refusing to show those shortages says it all. I cant show shortages if there are none. You can show shortages when you see them but choose not to. It’s fking obvious why.

Shortages of what and where? I have not seen any actual shortages, resellers have always run out of stock occasionally - really nothing new about that. Local supermarkets are well stocked, my local Lidl sometimes lacks items which I have taken a liking to, but then they do often change what they stock and no longer stock and change their lines. I took a liking to their frozen cauliflower cheese - it was convenient in that I could use as much, or as little as needed and pop the rest back in the freezer. My last three trips to Lidl found none, I wouldn't really declare that as a shortage.

Shortages of what and where? I have not seen any actual shortages, resellers have always run out of stock occasionally - really nothing new about that. Local supermarkets are well stocked, my local Lidl sometimes lacks items which I have taken a liking to, but then they do often change what they stock and no longer stock and change their lines. I took a liking to their frozen cauliflower cheese - it was convenient in that I could use as much, or as little as needed and pop the rest back in the freezer. My last three trips to Lidl found none, I wouldn't really declare that as a shortage.

I bought some frozen clams from Lidl about 5 years ago. They were very nice in a Spaghetti alle vongole that I made. I bought two more packs the following week. Despite checking for them every time I go in there, I haven’t ever seen them since.

I bought some frozen clams from Lidl about 5 years ago. They were very nice in a Spaghetti alle vongole that I made. I bought two more packs the following week. Despite checking for them every time I go in there, I haven’t ever seen them since.

It happens a lot I find. They sell the regular basics, then add to that their specials, which they have maybe won a special deal on. Recently they had a lot of Greek foodstuffs in the freezer, now mostly gone.

The resolution to the problem is to have some freedom of movement for these seasonal, itinerant jobs.

farming and hospitality need the flexibility of young working migrants.

I've seen shortages but not of everyday items and not of what isn't also affecting the rest of the world also.

Computer components have been in short supply globally, meaning a knock on effect to pretty much most industries.

Timber and building supplies seems to have caught up with itself now but the prices remain very high.

At work it appears all the OEMs are struggling for supplies lead times are bordering rediculous for many items, Chinese additional lock downs and Ukraine war is not helping matters. However I have found that the aftermarket have much better stock than the OEMs, possibly because they are smaller outfits and are able to react quicker.

This whole covid caper really has bullocked the world. (Even made Putin go insane)

The only really annoying thing I've noticed as a direct result of Brexit is customs and shipping from abroad... It is and remains the bain of my life. Each country has their own set of rules of importing into the UK, couriers will not collect without prior customs agreements, if using tnt and such like you can add an extra 10 days onto the delivery date as they are beyond useless at dealing with customs.

In fact couriers in general are now just poop, only courier that is reliable is royal mail..

Now I note the statement above suggests their should be shortages of goods elsewhere but it appears business has been able to put measures in place to mitigate these

There are few food shortages, latest UK price inflation solely on food is 8.6%, latest food price inflation in Germany is 11.1%.

Predictions about the demise of the UK seem to be greatly inflated.

Sponsored Links
Back