Rwanda

Oh well, every cloud and all that

Britain’s Rwanda policy has triggered a surge in refugees arriving in Ireland, Dublin said on Saturday, in a seeming admission that the deal to deport asylum seekers to central Africa is deterring people from coming to the UK.

Its not deterring people coming to the UK
these are asylum seekers in the UK using the common travel area to get to Ireland.

In fact it will encourage more to come to the shores of Kent -they know they can then travel to Ireland to avoid the xenophobes in brexit Britain

Sponsored Links
Oh well, every cloud and all that

Britain’s Rwanda policy has triggered a surge in refugees arriving in Ireland, Dublin said on Saturday, in a seeming admission that the deal to deport asylum seekers to central Africa is deterring people from coming to the UK.

The Ukrainians are welcome pretty much everywhere for obvious reasons (apart from Russia). The Middle Eastern boat people not so much.

From the article:
Dublin changed its rules on visa exemption for refugees this week to stop non-Ukrainians granted protection in other EU member states being able to travel to Ireland without a visa, in a bid to control the numbers entering the country.

Really. A few more than usual

DateMigrants detectedBoats detected
11 July 202244615
12 July 20222596
13 July 20221493
14 July 20221734
15 July 20221744
16 July 20221193
17 July 20221544
The Ministry of Defence does not believe that any migrants arrived on their own terms in a small boat from the English Channel.

These are shocking numbers!

I only look for updates when some one posts info that isn't correct. A post said that arrivals had dropped off - ex MSN I think.

They have continued all along and in other countries. 1,000 in Italy in one day and yet more on others - if the report is correct. They can house 300.. Then there is the wall around a remote bit of Spain. There are even boats going to the USA from the Caribbean areas. Then comes crossings from Belarus, people who came that way.

Then comes idiots on here saying it's all an EU problem. It's a problem for all of Europe. USA| also has people crossing from Mexico from various S American countries some of which must have travelled enormous distances.

Why - problems where they come from.

Sponsored Links
are they?

they are lower than the number of refugees we used to get back in 2003 -it wasnt shocking then

covid has knocked out other routes so they are all concentrated on the channel crossings which are more visible -that why it seem shocking

in fact the bigger issue is illegal immigrants already here -mostly visa overstayers that the govt does nothing about

To save all the arguing, lets just run it for a year. Ship every single illegal migrant over to Rwanda and see what happens

No, six months will do.

To save all the arguing, lets just run it for a year. Ship every single illegal migrant over to Rwanda and see what happens

No, six months will do.

Then we can see what happens...if it works it works. If it doesn't work then it doesn't..

No, six months will do.
Rwanda only has space for 200 people

oh and UK has agreed to take Congolese refugees from Rwanda….could be more than 200.

Woody says he loves the Congolese people and is happy to house a few

No, six months will do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hilarious. Right wing flag-shagger gammons chomping at the bit about staying in cahoots with our nearest neighbours and yet central Africa's Rwanda - best buddies ever.

Priti Nasty has been warned off Rwanda scheme

Rwanda ‘not safe enough’ for asylum deal and Priti Patel must reconsider, parliamentary committee says​

MPs and peers raise ‘fundamental concerns’ over compliance with international law​

Hilarious. Right wing flag-shagger gammons chomping at the bit about staying in cahoots with our nearest neighbours and yet central Africa's Rwanda - best buddies ever.

I took my dad for dinner last night. We both ordered the Gammon steak.

The young girl come up with our food and said
"two Gammons"

That's us I replied "we both voted Brexit"

She laughed :)

You had to be there.

I took my dad for dinner last night. We both ordered the Gammon steak.

The young girl come up with our food and said
"two Gammons"

That's us I replied "we both voted Brexit"

She laughed :)

You had to be there.
very good (y) :cool:

Sponsored Links
Back