Saudi Arabia Death Penalty.

Sponsored Links
how about being locked in a house with a woman who won't stop hoovering - that would be bad.
Lol...yes...my mate says as soon as he goes upstairs to the loo, his lass starts plumping up his cushions...Now that drives him nuts.Along with it takes her 2hours to get ready every morning....And she will not leave the house in case of skin cancer.Other than that his retirement is a barrel of laughs...helped by Gin.

Lets face it, the death penalty is a bad idea. Inevitably someone innocent gets killed. Plus it costs a fortune.

Lets face it, the death penalty is a bad idea. Inevitably someone innocent gets killed. Plus it costs a fortune.

Must be cheaper to execute some one than to keep em in prison for 20 or 30 odd years?

Sponsored Links
Must be cheaper to execute some one than to keep em in prison for 20 or 30 odd years?
You'd think that, but you'd be wrong based on the numbers from the US. It doesn't cost that much to keep someone in prison, lawyers however are very expensive.

Saudia Arabia probably have enough going through to hit economies of scale, as do China. On the other hand I'm not sure how either of their judicial systems work. But I'm fairly confident I prefer ours.

Surely that's humane?

I. E painless?? As for the rights and wrongs
Dunno?
I think it's humane for terminal conditions (Motor Neurone Disease being the poster child). But it's illegal and according to the god botherers, and generally the right wing, it's immoral.

With hanging there is no sudden loss of blood pressure or circulation to the brain so you can go a few minutes.. just can't do much pointing out that you ain't dead given the inability to move with a broken neck. There are also parallel systems that control the heart which aren't part of the spinal cord. So its probably going to be 3 or 4 minutes.
I'm not entirely convinced by Lethal injection.

I reckon a metal press is the best way to go.

I approve of the death penalty for serious crimes. It deters other people and, of course, prevents the person being killed from doing further bad acts.

The method of killing should be as humane as possible. Don't forget that humane methods are as necessary to spare the executioners of the death penalty any distress as they are to the executed.

Those chosen to do the killing should be of impeccable character, of the standards used to select policemen.

Without the death penalty, a large proportion of a population will disobey the law. If anybody doubts this, we currently have a sort of death penalty in operation (i.e. coronavirus) and as a result the vast majority of the population is obeying the law (i.e. "lock down").

For those who are concerned that some innocent people will be killed by the death penalty, then stop driving, because driving kills thousands of innocent people every year.

Footnote: I don't approve of Saudi Arabia's death penalty though, or of the activities of any other such primitive countries.

Sponsored Links
Back