Saudi Arabia Death Penalty.

I approve of the death penalty for serious crimes. It deters other people
Ok. Therefore there should only ever have been one.

and, of course, prevents the person being killed from doing further bad acts.
If the correct person has been executed.

The method of killing should be as humane as possible. Don't forget that humane methods are as necessary to spare the executioners of the death penalty any distress as they are to the executed.
Yes, I imagine hanging to do just that.

Those chosen to do the killing should be of impeccable character, of the standards used to select policemen.
Do you mean anyone who actually wants to do it should be excluded?

Without the death penalty, a large proportion of a population will disobey the law.
What about places that abolished the death penalty 150 years ago and are more peaceful.

If anybody doubts this, we currently have a sort of death penalty in operation (i.e. coronavirus) and as a result the vast majority of the population is obeying the law (i.e. "lock down").
I thought there was quite a lot of people ignoring it.

For those who are concerned that some innocent people will be killed by the death penalty, then stop driving, because driving kills thousands of innocent people every year.
What an idiotic comment. Let's hope the innocent one is you and not me.
Should not your views mean people would refuse to drive?

Footnote: I don't approve of Saudi Arabia's death penalty though, or of the activities of any other such primitive countries.
Why not.? Doesn't it work?

Sponsored Links
Obviously the death penalty would only be used on those where there is no doubt as to there guilt

Start with that bloke who killed that Labour MP Joe Cox no doubt as to his guilt

Than there is that bloke who threw that little boy off of that roof

The bloke who kidnapped raped tortured and killed that little 6 year old girl in Scotland

3 guilty no doubt about it

Execute all three

Simples

Just because some fruit loops still commit crime despite there being a death penalty, does not mean that some (many more?) do not.

Otherwise, following that logic (that the threat of punishment doesn't deter criminals) , why punish any crime at all?

Sponsored Links
That fruit cake who **** all those students on that Island in Sweden anders brevers or what ever his name is

Execute him

No doubt as to his guilt

Just because some fruit loops still commit crime despite there being a death penalty, does not mean that some (many more?) do not.

Otherwise, following that logic (that the threat of punishment doesn't deter criminals) , why punish any crime at all?
That's fair, but it's obviously really hard to tell the difference. When you look at the US there's plenty of states that have the death penalty and plenty that don't. AFAIK there's no pattern of lower crime where there is a death penalty compared to where there isn't.

Also when states have banned the death penalty there hasn't been an uptick in crimes that formerly would have been eligible.

In short, it makes logical sense at first glance but it doesn't seem to make a difference in reality.

That's fair, but it's obviously really hard to tell the difference. When you look at the US there's plenty of states that have the death penalty and plenty that don't. AFAIK there's no pattern of lower crime where there is a death penalty compared to where there isn't.

Also when states have banned the death penalty there hasn't been an uptick in crimes that formerly would have been eligible.

In short, it makes logical sense at first glance but it doesn't seem to make a difference in reality.

"Logic" and "the US" are not normally happy bedfellows!

That fruit cake who **** all those students on that Island in Sweden anders brevers or what ever his name is

Execute him

No doubt as to his guilt
He's not worth spending that much money on. Lock him up and throw away the key, make him pay for his crime by suffering, not just by turning him off.

As for the rest, you might have three others who are unarguably guilty, but for it to be a reasonable deterrent then it has to be something that might happen. When you set the bar low enough on evidence for that to happen then you also set it low enough for mistakes and fraud to result in executing innocent people.

"Logic" and "the US" are not normally happy bedfellows!
I'm with you on that, after all they do have the death penalty ;). But think of them as a bunch of over armed lab rats. They're already running the experiment, let's see how they do.

1st degree murderers don't consider what punishment they will receive when about to commit said murder.

1st degree murderers don't consider what punishment they will receive when about to commit said murder.

Well they will. Give it consideration after wards ;)

Vengance is mine ;) said the Lord
Or who ever said it :confused:

Retribution Noseall is the order of the day ;)

Retribution is what is required

No Transam! Retribution (i.e. revenge) is not what it's about. That's what the death penalty is based on in the primitive, barbaric societies. The death should be as humane as possible, for the executioner, the executee and the witnesses. (Witnesses are necessary. I don't mean a baying mob, just a handful of legal personnel to verify that what took place complies with the law.) There is no place for retaliation in a peaceful, civilised society and we yield our desire for retaliation and revenge to the state, and in return, the state protects us (or should do - the fact that it currently doesn't is another matter.) If you want revenge killings, go to the middle east or Africa, and see how their way of life compares with ours.

Sponsored Links
Back