What penalty if found guilty?

Worse than murder in my book.

Joe, whilst I agree this is an horrific tradegy/act of stupidity, how can it possibly be worse than murder when there was no intent?

Which is the greater loss to society?
Which is the greater crime? Pull a trigger or get behind 3 tonnes of steel when ****ed? I'd lock the driver up until he died.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It seems to me that penalties for endangering or killing people with a car are too lenient, compared to endangering or killing them with anything else.

If Fred comes home from the pub, drunk, pokes his shotgun out of the window and looses off a few shots at random, and happens to kill a few members of the public, he is punished severely.

If he comes home drunk, careers about in his car and kills a few people on the pavement, he gets a much softer ride.

But the vivctims are just as dead

I suppose it's because the law-makers drive cars as well.

What if the driver intended to kill a certain person, lighter sentence and all?

No accidental about it, if you are unlawfully using a firearm then murder it is.

Shouldn't a 3 tonne Range Rover with a p****d up driver be the same?
2 entirely different crimes, I think he should go down for it yes, however I could say I would like to see every drink driver go down for a stretch but I can't see that happening.

Any motives would have to be looked at by the police and the CPS to see what cases there are to answer.
In the case of the OP, do you believe the footballer intentionally set out to murder 2 young boys?

What motive could there possibly be for getting in a vehicle píssed and driving it?

What motive could there possibly be for getting in a vehicle píssed and driving it?
There's nothing worse than having a crash when you're stone cold sober :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back