Saw a car with a baby in front seat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was driving along and spotted the car next to me , where the mum was in the front seat with her baby in her arms while the dad drove. What is the law about this ?
And, should I report them ?

Sponsored Links
If you have the number plate yes. They may not do anything though if you don't have photographic evidence.

I saw a BMW jam sandwich traffic car driving through our local McDonald's. The driver was hiding his phone on his lap whilst he was texting, should I have reported that?

Sponsored Links
I saw a BMW jam sandwich traffic car driving through our local McDonald's. The driver was hiding his phone on his lap whilst he was texting, should I have reported that?

That was on private land. My baby driver was doing 50mph and that is dangerous/careless of the parents.

That was on private land. My baby driver was doing 50mph and that is dangerous/careless of the parents.

Doesn't matter if you are on private land. Sitting in your drive with your engine running whilst making a call will still get you a fine and points. Classed as not being in full control of your vehicle and easy pickings.

Speaking of full control over a vehicle

there is talk that the high way code may be amended so as under certain circumstances you do not have to be in control of a moving vechle and cannot be held responsible in the event of an incident / accident arising from not have control ;)

The certain circumstances should be interesting.

Driverless cars / when in that mode

they were talking about the legal ramifications on the radio

car is taking u up the motor way your emailing or watching a film
Accident who is responsible ??

Last edited:
Driverless cars / when in that mode

they were talking about the legal ramifications on the radio

car is taking u up the motor way your emailing or watching a film
Accident who is responsible ??

Imo people should have their hands on the wheel at all times and watching where they are going soon any event as soon as they turn the steering wheel the car edits auto mode. They should have sensors on the steering wheel to confirm their hands are on the wheel

Imo people should have their hands on the wheel at all times and watching where they are going soon any event as soon as they turn the steering wheel the car edits auto mode. They should have sensors on the steering wheel to confirm their hands are on the wheel

would not disagree with that

but this driverless car caper means that the tech does the lot for you whilst you are asleep or on yer phone or computer ?
Next question could be

you are asleep in yer automated car in say a 40 mph speed limit and some temp road works have been put up with a temp 30 mph speed limit car does not slow down you get clocked for speeding
Who is responsible ????

may be asleep is OTT
Say watching a film on net flix

but this driverless car caper means that the tech does the lot for you whilst you are asleep or on yer phone or computer ?
Next question could be

you are asleep in yer automated car in say a 40 mph speed limit and some temp road works have been put up with a temp 30 mph speed limit car does not slow down you get clocked for speeding
Who is responsible ????

Not sure about this AI caper.

Autonomous drone attacked soldiers in Libya all on its own - The Frontier Post

Than some one hacks into the driverless tech ??

which could cause chaos ?

or they could pinch yer car remotely may be ?

Who is responsible ????
You do know that the automated cars (and many cars today) read the roadsigns and don't go from a standard database of speed limits. But you raise a good general point regarding the law when in Level 4+ automated mode. This will need defining.

Sponsored Links
Back