Scottish Independance

I take it that the first thing that Scotlands first PM Mr Salmond will do will be to hot foot it over to the US to secure business deals there... Perhaps they'll do to him what the English did to that other well known Scotish hero, Mel Gibson..... :)

Sponsored Links
My only concern is that the price of scotch might escalate. :( :( :( :(

england scotland and wales are much stronger together than apart. whether you like it or not the uk nations are now so assimilated that the only real difference between any of us is a regional accent. scots have been living in england and visa versa for hundreds of years.
scottish politicians have been running parliament for years.
if scotland as a nation wants independence let them have it, the decision will be made not for the good of the uk or scotland, it will be made for the wrong reasons.

Sponsored Links
Do you know what Warrior,, the best days for Scotland were during the Empire days, (even with all the Empire's faults). Glasgow was the second city of the Empire, and Scotland was also the workhouse of the Empire,, jobs a plenty

Yes, yes the glorious(English) Empire built on our blood sweat and tears...an Empire that's been in total decline through most of the 20th century. The glory days eh? poorhouses, inner city slums, disease, malnutrition, no education, only prospects are to join the army and fight endless wars (Oh, and it's just like that today in so many respects!)
We may have had the industries of an "empire" long ago but they're all but gone- mining, steel, fishing, shipbuilding, engineering to name but a few- the only modern resemblance to an empire is that we side with the Yanks to go and steal 3rd world resources.
Scotland gets the scraps off the table every time- We can thank our successive Westminster masters for that, for the treasonous acts of parliament that took us into Europe for a start, ensuring globalisation would finish off the working class good and proper.
And when their Westminster political life is on the line you can be sure it's Scots/Welsh/Irish jobs on the line to pander to their fickle "middle England" voters. As I've said before, we've twice as many Pandas in Scotland as Westminster based Tories- why should that F-wit Cameron be dictating from a coalition with no majority to a population that decided unequivocally who they want in power? Labour are only a force in Western/Central Scotland because these tw*ts who live in the weedgie ghettos still believe Labour represent the working class man of days gone by!

Scotland on it's own now wouldn't last 5 minutes. 2 or 3 years ago, Alex Salmond used to use Ireland as an example to follow. He called Ireland the "Celtic Tiger",,, grrrr, but look at it now,, it's skint and run by France and the Gerries. More of a "purring pu$$y". He never mentions Ireland nowadays.

Scotland wouldn't last 5 mins? Says who? The whole Eurozone/world is in deep cr*p and that's how the international banksters want it, these boom and bust cycles don't just happen. One thing is for sure we'll never know if we adopt this "chickens*it conformist like our parents" attitude.
Scotland at present has great potential in leading the way in many renewable energy developments, we still have oil, the best tourism in the "UK" by far, and are lucky to have a far better legal and education system(just look for the worst spelling and grammar on here and check their "location"....!).
So what if Salmond deals direct with the Yanks or anyone else, better dealing face to face than having some unnecessary chinless public schooled toff ar*ehole as a "middleman" to broker the deal and keep the lions share.

God help Scotland if it lets Salmond and the "anti English" SNP run the country. I'd NEVER vote in favour of independence. You've got to use your "brains" on this one, not your heart!!!

"God tells me he can get me out of this mess, but he's pretty sure you're f****d...FREEEEEEEDOM!!!!!"

(no points for guessing the film....;))

Of course Westminster doesnt want Scotland to leave the union . Over 12 billion a year in oil revenues and 1.2 trillion of forecast future revenues with more oil being discovered .
Thus keepin the UK`S AAA credit rating .
Without these the UK would be on a par with Greece.

If it benefited Westminster they would get rid of Scotland in a shot

Or perhaps they just really like their neighbours and dont want them to flit.

And all this sh#te about Scotland getting a larger share per person look at the actual figures regards money generated and returned per head of population .

ABCW, you mentioned about grammar & spelling, i know my English is by no means brilliant, unfortunatly i didn't have a very good education from the age of 7 through to 13, i was in a terrible school, actually not a million miles from you in the town of Kilmarnock. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Apparently when M.T. was PM she was in Scotland & when someone said about the oil belonging to the Scots she replied, if you extend the boarder across the North Sea, the oil rigs are in English water, the boarder does not run east to west, more NE to SW, i did hear this 2nd hand but from a reasonable source, not down the pub!!

And last but not least why should you have all the fun, surely we should have a vote aswell, do we want Scotland to be part of our kingdom?? I say rebuild Hadrians Wall & demolish the bridges over the Severn. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Wasn't having a go personally Pred, just a cheap shot at a joke :oops:

I do think you have a valid point, and if England was so p*ssed off at us Barnet formula spongers, and we were a net loss to UK PLC then by all means get annoyed and have a vote and boot us the hell out. I just don't see that happening, so us being a burden must be a pure lie.
From the still all too regular appearances of "UK" Ambassadors on the world stage the UK is still referred to as England anyway. When I lived in St Andrews(the world famous golf capital), then Dundee(Scotland's 4th largest city) I still met all too often while south of the border people who had never heard of these places, ever. That's the bottom line, Scotland is somewhere but who cares, "The North" is still defined as the north of England(Newcastle/Manchester/Yorkshire etc) when it should really be the Midlands if our news etc were talking "up north" in a UK perspective, but they don't do they? On BBC National news this happens FFS!!!

Either Cameron is running scared or there's a bigger game going on here being played by him to actually fan the flames and create the split.
To have that mutton headed Michael Moore as Scottish Secretary is just so laughable, a f*ckin Lib Dem calling the shots on behalf of Tory Cameron when their parties got so trounced up here- one columnist today stated that the devolution we got up here was designed purposely to never allow the majority SNP landslide that occurred....ooops...
I don't also actually think that many English people realise how much the Scots DESPISE(strong words but true) the Tory party here, so will see this as a very despicable form of political bullying.
Think "Iron Lady" will be an utter flop up here. But when she finally pops her clogs there will be street parties I can assure you...[/b]

Think "Iron Lady" will be an utter flop up here. But when she finally pops her clogs there will be street parties I can assure you...
Careful...

That kind of 'party talk' can get your post deleted... ;)

Scots DESPISE(strong words but true) the Tory party
A quote from the Jeremy Vine show today in relation to millionaire Cameron sticking his ore into Scottish decision making....

'There are more Giant Pandas in Scotland than there are Tory Politicians.'

Made me smile. :D

Just think though........ I dont want us to split away but if we did 56? Labour MPs less in Westminster and then no need for a coalition, David Cameron gets his clear majority......... what next?, interesting dynamics in England as Labour need the guaranteed vote from Scotland to win anything....... President Salmond is an arrogant slug of a man, Id hate to see him get any more power and besides I like you English folk............ Cmon you Spurs!!!...lol

If Scotland did leave the union, would it mean that the rest of the UK could adjust their clocks to CET? ;)

Sponsored Links
Back