Shortages, What Next

Sponsored Links
As long as cans of 'Heinz Baked Beans' are on the shelves.

I will survive.

Sponsored Links
I've been finding shortages of tuits recently. The round ones are particularly hard to find

The Mrs told me a tub of Lurpak won't leave much change out of a fiver. It didn't mean much to me other than the best part of five quid seems a lot for a tub of butter.

Give us an example of how different oils affect the cooking of the food, or STFU.

When you spout your ****** on T'internets, then please respect the fact that some of us out there actually know that you full of BS.

What's your problem? They have different boiling points , different flavours and different amounts of saturated fats. He's right, cold pressed rapeseed is good. You pay a couple of quid more for it but you also get a better bottle!

Recently I did a bit of research on oils, especially for frying and cold-pressed are better according to what I read and light coloured olive oil or
a combo of light coloured olive and rapeseed oils. The articles referred to the changes to the molecules when heats and possible negative affects on your health.

We've noted not sure why that for the past few months Hulahoops crisps shortages.

Food prices for some foods going up and may shoot up, EG flour/some oils
Car fuel prices

According to the net we export it as well, so why the shortage price hikes.

Prices are going up because of inflation - but most people think the opposite, i.e. that inflation is caused by rising prices. Inflation is the deliberate government policy of printing more money (literally "inflating" the money supply). Other factors have exacerbated the problem, but make no mistake the government caused it.

I have said it before on other threads and I will say it again here.
We should celebrate all the great foods we produce and concentrate on buying our own produce while foods produced outside the UK are scarce. It looks like food prices are going up, so we may as well spend our hard-earned on UK-sourced produce.
We have all got terribly spoiled in modern times by demanding to be able to buy all manner of produce at all times of the year.
We should rewind a few decades to the time when we all ate produce that was available from local growers in that particular season.
Surely that has to be good for our farmers and food producers?

I completely agree.

Too much cheap disposable crap being carried half way around the globe. Lorry loads of lettuces going on one direction crossing with other lorry loads going the other way. These days people want everything immediately. I was struck the other day listening to a woman from (I think?) Poland, talking about cooking, who said the thing she noticed most when she came to the UK was that everything was available all the time. Where she came from things were seasonal and you managed with what was available at the time. I know the less well off will suffer the most but previous generations could teach a few lessons on adjusting.

I completely agree.

We've noted not sure why that for the past few months Hulahoops crisps shortages.

Similarly, there is a shortage of peanuts at the momoment. Pub landlords tell me so.

We should celebrate all the great foods we produce and concentrate on buying our own produce while foods produced outside the UK are scarce. It looks like food prices are going up, so we may as well spend our hard-earned on UK-sourced produce.

Need to tell that to the cretins who 'run' this country. There idea of securing our food supply in times of shortages, increasing prices and Brexit damage to agriculture and supply chains, etc, etc - is to rewild the countryside. This means turning arable land into fallow areas where nature takes over and farmers are paid by government to become glorified park keepers.

Suppose it will ingratiate Tories to rich party donors so they have more areas where they can satisfy their blood lust by blasting the wildlife for 'sport'.

Sponsored Links
Back