Should I purchase an Intergas eco boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have an Alpha Ocean boiler approximately 20 years old (assuming it's the original boiler as the house was built 20 years ago). It's actually been quite reliable albeit a bit leaky in the last couple of years, but now on it's last legs as it's slow to fire up the ch, and produces hw only when the ch pump is working. It really needs retiring.

I am looking at getting an Intergas eco 36 boiler and wondered if anyone had experience of these boilers reliability etc. as they are relatively new to the UK. It will be fitted by our gas engineer who hasn't come across this brand before and usually fits Alpha boilers.

Sponsored Links
My sister had one installed about 6 months ago and they haven't had any problems

I had my boiler installed 2 years ago and looked into intergas. But thought they were too expensive. So I got a baxi main eco elite fit for £600 + labour.

So far so good for me. Its been great. And I have 5 kids so it gets a good workout.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
In the same boat, what's the damage on the eco 36 if you please?

I was meaning install costings, not the boilers... a few I've spoken to, don't want to install them?
Was curious.

Most seem to want to fit Ideal Vogue boilers.

I was meaning install costings, not the boilers... a few I've spoken to, don't want to install them?
Was curious.

Most seem to want to fit Ideal Vogue boilers.

Ideal must have upped their reward packages then :whistle:

Install costs are no different from any other modern boiler. Very surprised to hear that some state they don't want to install them.

Excellent design and if installed correctly are very controllable and reliable.

Very surprised to hear that some state they don't want to install them.

To be fair I refuse to fit Wooshitter. Unless it is the Highflow, and only then if there is absolutely no alternative.

Now there is the Superflow for Intergas that will be even less frequent.

Dan's saying the Superflow is better than the Highflow. His fitting of Worcesters will be less frequent - probably NEVER;). You only need to look @ the simplicity and design of the Intergas to see it's good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back