Should the UK break international law?

Should the UK break international law?

• Yes

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 50.0%

• Total voters
Sponsored Links
And your post is a sad reflection of the attitude of you and others on this forum. You automatically assume you are right, nobody else’s opinion counts and anyone who doesn’t agree with you is either an idiot or has been manipulated.
The question was a very basic one, and had no reference to anyone's opinion as regards to any particular issue...

I was simply asking whether the UK should break international law...

Yes or no couldn't be too hard to choose between, could it?

No treaty has been renaged on :confused:

No international law has been broken :confused:

Dunno what all the fuss is about :confused:

They shouldn't have to. The Bill in itself doesn't break the law, it only breaks the law if it's enacted, the only circumstances that will cause it to be enacted is if the EU are in breach of the WA, so good luck in court.(y)

Sponsored Links
The question was a very basic one, and had no reference to anyone's opinion as regards to any particular issue...

Yes or no couldn't be too hard to choose between, could it?
Yes, it was a very basic question. Any reason you’re asking just me - I see you haven’t asked anyone else including Notchy, Nosey and JohhnyD?

I'd imagine the people and businesses in NI and Eire are very concerned that Barnier may have made a threat to block the Irish sea "border". If that isn't the case surely Barnier would have denied that he did or at least reassure everybody that there is no way that the EU would use the WA clause as a punishment. As I cannot find any news to confirm that, I can only assume he did make that threat and that we must protect ourselves for such threats. I agree with Labour Peer, Kate Hoey regarding this.

I'd imagine the people and businesses in NI and Eire are very concerned that Barnier may have made a threat to block the Irish sea "border". If that isn't the case surely Barnier would have denied that he did or at least reassure everybody that there is no way that the EU would use the WA clause as a punishment. As I cannot find any news to confirm that, I can only assume he did make that threat and that we must protect ourselves for such threats. I agree with Labour Peer, Kate Hoey regarding this.

"There are still people out there that would rather side with the EU against the British government..."

I agree with that - one of them even started this thread!

The claim is from David Frost, the UK Chief Negotiator, who unusually, went on twitter to respond to the ramblings of Barnier. Barnier has refused listing of GB as a 'third country' which would prevent GB from exporting food to NI, when tackled Barnier responded that they would not give GB a 'third country' listing until 'we' listed our 'food standards rules', Frost pointed out that our foods standards rules are exactly the same as the EU's, as has been previously advised on more than one occasion.

It's a stitch up by the EU hence the need for the Internal Markets Bill.

https://twitter.com/DavidGHFrost?re...eus-barnier-on-northern-ireland-dirty-tricks/

David Frost
@DavidGHFrost

·
13 Sep

7/7 I hope the EU will yet think better of this. It obviously makes it no easier to negotiate a good free trade agreement and the solid future relationship which we all want.

David Frost
@DavidGHFrost

·
13 Sep

6/7 The EU's position is that listing is needed for Great Britain only, not Northern Ireland. So if GB were not listed, it would be automatically illegal for NI to import food products from GB.

David Frost
@DavidGHFrost

·
13 Sep

5/7 Yet it has been made clear to us in the current talks that there is no guarantee of listing us. I am afraid it has also been said to us explicitly in these talks that if we are not listed we will not be able to move food to Northern Ireland.

David Frost
@DavidGHFrost

·
13 Sep

4/7 Any changes in future would be notified to the WTO and EU in the usual way with plenty of lead time. The EU lists dozens of countries globally on precisely this basis, without any sort of commitment about the future.

David Frost
@DavidGHFrost

·
13 Sep

3/7 On 3rd country listings: the EU knows perfectly well all the details of our food standards rules because we are operating EU rules. The situation on 1.1.21 is accordingly perfectly clear. We have discussed this frequently with the EU including last week.

David Frost
@DavidGHFrost

·
13 Sep

2/7 On the Protocol, we indeed negotiated a careful balance in order to preserve peace and the Belfast (Good Friday) Agreement. It is precisely to ensure this balance can be preserved in all circumstances that the Govt needs powers in reserve to avoid it being disrupted.

David Frost
@DavidGHFrost

·
13 Sep

1/7 I would like to make a few comments and state a few facts, in my capacity as the PM's negotiator in the current and last autumn's talks.
Quote Tweet

F-mne13a_normal.jpeg

Michel Barnier
@MichelBarnier
· 13 Sep
Protocol on IE/NI is not a threat to the integrity of the UK. We agreed this delicate compromise with @BorisJohnson & his gov in order to protect peace & stability on island of Ireland. We could not have been clearer about the consequences of #Brexit [1/2]
Show this thread

https://twitter.com/DavidGHFrost/status/1305121856807211008

The claim is from David Frost

Now there's a funny thing. When asked to show us Barnier's tweets to support your silly claims, you don't.

it's almost as if you have never actually seen the tweets by Barnier that you claim exist.

You haven't, have you.

Last edited:
Barnier has refused listing of GB as a 'third country' which would prevent GB from exporting food to NI, when tackled Barnier responded that they would not give GB a 'third country' listing until 'we' listed our 'food standards rules', Frost pointed out that our foods standards rules are exactly the same as the EU's, as has been previously advised on more than one occasion.
Will they be? I know that they are right now as we can't change them during the transition period, but we haven't agreed that they'll stay the same afterwards. There has been plenty of discussion about allowing weaker controls in future.

Right now we couldn't be listed as a third country because we are still part of the single market.

we haven't agreed that they'll stay the same afterwards

Surely it is our intention to import hormone-treated American beef, and chlorinated chicken, since our future US masters wish to export it to us.

They shouldn't have to. The Bill in itself doesn't break the law, it only breaks the law if it's enacted, the only circumstances that will cause it to be enacted is if the EU are in breach of the WA, so good luck in court.(y)

another brexiteer repeating Tory lies.....you lot are like parrots. Instead of just repeating the spin, you should fact check it.

The Internal market bill does break international law, it doesn't matter whether its enacted or not.

Frost pointed out that our foods standards rules are exactly the same as the EU's

I presume then Fillyboy you are confirming your wish for the UK to be a follower of EU regulations on food.

You are displaying your usual brexer lack of understanding of the Single Market.

We all know that the day after transition standards will be aligned, but the regulatory mechanisms to ensure compliance fall away, therefore on 1st Jan 2021 UK no longer has legal compliance, certification will have died.

Try letting your car insurance lapse and then make a claim the day after.........

And your post is a sad reflection of the attitude of you and others on this forum. You automatically assume you are right, nobody else’s opinion counts and anyone who doesn’t agree with you is either an idiot or has been manipulated. Remind us again, how did you do in the local elections when you stood for office?

I didn't say I was right.

I said voters have been manipulated.
Which is true.

If you don't understand this governments cynical, deliberate and constant use of manipulative strategies to gaslight and lie to the public, don't blame me.

Sponsored Links
Back