Single storey rear extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello. im planning/thinking on building a extension to the rear of my property within building regulations. ive been doing some research online but im struggling to find the rules on the width. i was hoping to go the full length on my house, would this be possible? i have seen the regs on how far you can go from the property and also how high you can go.

thanks
luke

Sponsored Links
You are confusing building reg's with planning.

Building regulations will be a nailed on requisite.

However, planning may or may not be necessary depending upon your P.D. rights and whether it falls within the criteria laid out on your local planning web site.

You can go the full width of the house, assuming your permitted development rights have not been removed.

And assuming your garden is big enough that no more than 50% of it will be covered by the extension
And assuming that it touches no part of any other extension which incorporates a side-extension element, whether built under explicitly granted permission, or permitted development
And assuming it's no higher than 3m at its eaves if it's within 2m of the boundary
And.. so on

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/permission/commonprojects/extensions/

Sponsored Links
And assuming it is physically possible to build right up to the boundary line.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back