Smart meters - who knew?

Heard the figure of 600 quid per house paid to companies to get them in

Sponsored Links
Totally pointless. They have only one purpose - to save having to employ meter readers. Nothing to do with saving the customers money. All about profits.

I get a text every month from Bulb telling me smart meter installers are in the area... #ignore

Totally pointless. They have only one purpose - to save having to employ meter readers.
Surely that equates to two purposes?
It monitors usage AND sends the reading to the provider. And far from pointless, they are essential. No more cheating. No more daft estimates. Only pay for what you use.

Great bits of kit, why would you not have one. Bonkers.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
All about profits.
Would you rather a company ran at a loss? Would you be happy losing money as a business if new equipment was being refused? Are you happy paying more for your utilities as a result? I see gas suppliers are having a boon at the moment. Domestic gas supply has never been better, eh.

Last edited:
Would you rather a company ran at a loss? Would you be happy losing money as a business if new equipment was being refused? Are you happy paying more for your utilities as a result? I see gas suppliers are having a boon at the moment. Domestic gas supply has never been better, eh.

They make a lot of money - sometimes it is better to give people jobs? All this automation, soon there'll be no need for people at all.

You interfere with the meters and the immediately send an alarm to the supplier.
No they dont but there is ways of still getting free gas without the need to touch the actual meter.
There is over 4000 boilers fitted everyday in the uk not to mention cookers /fires pipework alterations and other apppliances .
That is an awful lot of meter removals that would be flagged up which is why tampers were disabled on the ETM meters

Last edited:
They make a lot of money
Not from domestic gas supply they don't.We're talking domestic metering. Homeowners send in their own readings.
Regardless, your argument is moot. Horse stable hands, farriers and fodder suppliers said the same thing until Henry Ford gave them a better paid job.

Totally pointless. They have only one purpose - to save having to employ meter readers. Nothing to do with saving the customers money. All about profits.

I get a text every month from Bulb telling me smart meter installers are in the area... #ignore
Smart meters are being fitted under orders from the government - NOT the electric companies.

Not from domestic gas supply they don't.We're talking domestic metering. Homeowners send in their own readings.

Are you sure? Plenty of news reports talking about how much money they make from domestic usage.

And yes, most people take their own readings, but some do not. And sometimes they come and check. If the purpose of smart meters is so they don't need to send meter readers out, what is it?

Sponsored Links
Back