So, do we book a holiday or don’t we?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
A lot will also depend upon financial risk and how much you are prepared to lose or bother with the haggle.
5 of us were due to go on a motorcycle fly-ride to Spain last October but Covid restrictions put a block on that. Last we heard, they had allowed us to carry our deposits (£250pp) over to this year but I doubt whether I’ll chance it this year and they’ll probably be out of business by next year so I've written that off. Might still be able to claim it back on my insurance but no biggy if I can’t. I had a result getting £700 back from a Barcelona hotel when I shouldn’t have so still in front overall.

Wait until the 'health passports' are imposed...

ID cards by another name, and eventually to became a passport to live a reasonable life...

Oh of course they won't be 'compulsory', but you won't actually be able to do much without one!
Well I’ll be jabbed and able to go. Those who don’t probably not if they won’t succumb to the jab.

Hey, wouldn’t it be ironic if I could go to Iceland and you couldn’t! :)

Sponsored Links
No, wouldn't be booking a holiday this year. Couldn't gaurantee next year either.

Even Tory MPs are starting to see through this charade. Charles Walker is saying exactly what I've been saying for months - that this lockdown nonsense is going to run and run. As long as they keep finding these 'variants' down the back of the settee that maybe, might, could be possibly more dangerous/infectious/deadly (delete as applicable for maximum scare value), they can use them to keep us in lockdown in perpetuity.

It's not about the virus any more. It's not about the vaccine either. Still as long as the sheeple keep buying the scare stories and believing that we're saving the NHS (isn't it supposed to be there to save us?), and saving the NHS is more important than saving society and the economy (hint:the NHS needs the economy) - then we'll be in lockdown for years. Even been talk of not ending lockdown until we're down to zero Covid. And as for 10 years in prison for a fib on an immigration form - they've really lost the plot. Still, keep buying the BS. They wouldn't be lying to us. Would they?

Last edited:
But what are 'they' gaining by lying?

Control. It's not so ridiculous when they're giving out 10 year sentences for minor transgressions. And as a byproduct, lockdown is helping them meet their climate change objectives. Don't forget there's a climate emergency apparently - yet another scare tactic to keep the plebs in their place. Probably other reasons. Who can second guess this lot.

Last edited:
The nutters on here (sorry the informed) will never give reasons why this supposed scam is happening.

And the dumb sheeple are always wrong. I've just given two possible reasons.

Is Charles Walker MP a nutter? Sir Desmond Swayne MP?

I think we'll see how many lockdown enthusiasts there are when furlough runs out and people start having to sleep on park benches with their families.

Last edited:

Run it out for a full election term, then cancel the election for safety reasons. Only way BJ is staying in for another go. Rich people buy low ready for when they tell BJ to "Sell, sell sell!" Er, I mean, "Open, open open!" Yes, it's banter.

More rationally... squeezing the bug down lower, and vaxxing more quickly than others are doing, MIGHT give an early advantage in opening up the economy. He who opens, wins.

There's a few tinfoil hats round here need folding for extra protection.

Vaccinations have made a negligible contribution to reducing R so far. That may start to change but so far it's just the lockdown that's keeping R low.

We're in a group that probably could go on holiday thanks to vaccinations, but probably no foreign holidays this year. Probably something in the UK booked fairly late.
There does seem to be two schools of thought on that. 1 is saying you need 65%+ population to be vaccinated before R will under 1 due to vaccine. Other studies are saying the infectiousness is reduced by 2/3rds after 2 weeks. So given we are at around 13M jabs, we should be about 2 weeks away from a 6% impact on R.

Control. It's not so ridiculous when they're giving out 10 year sentences for minor transgressions. And as a byproduct, lockdown is helping them meet their climate change objectives. Probably other reasons. Who can second guess this lot.
So all the countries in the western world are closing up businesses and paying out billions just to reach their climate change objectives? Come on......

So all the countries in the western world are closing up businesses and paying out billions just to reach their climate change objectives? Come on......

As I said there is no sensible reason they can give.

More to the point is what the general population is losing...

"According to those figures out this morning, there are now nearly 225,000 people in England who have waited more than 12 months for routine hospital treatment.
That is the highest number since April 2008 – and is an increase from 1,600 in February."

"In total, 4.5 million people are on a hospital waiting list."

And yet hundreds of billions are being poured out to those who can't work (or wouldn't be working anyway), and big pharma are making a killing - literally!

Break the habit of a lifetime and think outside your (admittedly very very limited) box!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back