So, do we book a holiday or don’t we?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So all the countries in the western world are closing up businesses and paying out billions just to reach their climate change objectives? Come on......

Well there's something going on. They keep moving the goalposts. Just a few weeks to flatten the curve, save the NHS, now lockdown unlikely to end while they keep conjouring up new variants. Even talk of staying in lockdown until zero Covid in population which is probably unachievable. Suddenly it's like the vaccine won't be enough to get back to some kind of normality. I'm only suggesting possible reasons, only they know why they're doing this.

Sponsored Links
More to the point is what the general population is losing...
Not to the point at all. We are not that stupid to not know what we are losing due to the pandemic but again, what are 'they' gaining?

Last edited:
As I said there is no sensible reason they can give.

No you didn't say that. You said "will never give reasons". Now that I've given possible reasons when you said I wouldn't you start moving the goalposts. Much like the government are doing. No wonder you approve of their tactics, you use the same ones.

will never give reasons why this supposed scam is happening.

Sponsored Links
No you didn't say that. You said "will never give reasons". Now that I've given possible reasons when you said I wouldn't you start moving the goalposts. Much like the government are doing. No wonder you approve of their tactics, you use the same ones.

Please lay out for us all to read, who in the whole world gains from "the largest scam in history".

many people know Spain and Greece better than they know Norfolk or the Peaks. Weird really.
Correct..the only thing we do know is it is a lot more likely to pizz down all week in August in Devon than Spain.

Now they're talking about a booster jab in the autumn for variants/mutations. With a virus that keeps mutating, not only will people who have the jabs basically be guineapigs, but their arms will be like pin cushions. And on it rolls. Don't get excited about this ending any time soon or expect holidays. They will keep inventing BS criteria and situations to keep this going. This may well be the new normality, and soon the economy and SMEs will reach the tipping point beyond which they won't recover. And what happens when furlough has to end?

Or we can all pretend it will be over very soon. Self delusion makes most on here happy in their wilful ignorance.

Correct..the only thing we do know is it is a lot more likely to pizz down all week in August in Devon than Spain.

I think you can be unlucky with weather anywhere really, OK, UK does rain more, but our summers are pretty damn good really!
And in Spain - you could get sand storms or wild fires these days :)

UK is best, you know it!

Now they're talking about a booster jab in the autumn for variants/mutations. With a virus that keeps mutating, not only will people who have the jabs basically be guineapigs, but their arms will be like pin cushions. And on it rolls. Don't get excited about this ending any time soon or expect holidays. They will keep inventing BS criteria and situations to keep this going. This may well be the new normality, and soon the economy and SMEs will reach the tipping point beyond which they won't recover. And what happens when furlough has to end?

Or we can all pretend it will be over very soon. Self delusion makes most on here happy in their wilful ignorance.
I'm not sure from your posts if you believe covid to be:

a complete fabrication so governments can gain more societal control.
real but not as dangerous as governments and the media suggest.
real and as dangerous as governments and the media suggest, however lockdowns shouldn't be happening nor should anyone accept the vaccine.

For those that think covid isn't real, what's their opinion on the 116k people that have apparently died with covid as a contributing factor? Are they suggesting all these people would have died over the past year anyway i.e. covid has nothing to do with it? I think that assertion can possibly be made for some of the 116k, however nowhere near all. Or is the theory they've been killed 'by some other means' to fit the global covid agenda? I don't buy that, veering into full on conspiracy theory territory.

If we believe covid is real, I think it's perfectly understandable that governments are having to change approach. It's a fluid situation as others have touched on. Viruses don't adhere to rules, zones, timescales etc. A huge part of the challenge has been us, the public, not adhering to advice and guidance. Of course, we can get into a debate about 'oh that's just social control!' in which case I again say what's the alternative? Allow everyone to have roamed free since March 2020?

I wonder if those denying covid think the black death was an early attempt at resetting world order and gaining societal control? Or more recently Spanish flu, was that another attempt?

On balance, I think covid is real and I think we need to be taking measures to control it. I do agree about some of the concerns raised around the vaccines and the accelerated release, however I don't think vaccines are being used as a method of social control, chipped/monitored etc.

If we were forcing a Y/N answer to the question 'is covid real and causing deaths?' I would answer Yes. Would you?

What is your suggestion to combat a virus that keeps mutating - change/modify the vaccination or just stick with the first one you started with?
Learn to live with it.

And accept the casualties that are inevitable and save those who can be saved that will be lost due to missed tests/treatments?

1 in 3 people will get cancer, so are they just now 'collateral damage'?

Add to that the destruction of the world economy and the implementation of draconian 'laws' by decree...

Do you think that a price worth paying for a 'virus' that is only about 1% fatal to those who contract it?

Do you think that a price worth paying for a 'virus' that is only about 1% fatal to those who contract it?
It’s not just about fatalities though is it? A work colleague of my wife had her husband catch it. He got over it but has lasting brain damage. My mates wife got it, she got over it but now has lung damage. Don’t take my word for it, ask your two medic sons what they think about it as well as the effects of long Covid.

however I don't think vaccines are being used as a method of social control, chipped/monitored etc.
We're already being monitored, and what do you call ever changing covid decrees other than 'social control'?

And given that the government is funding companies to develop a 'health passport', do you think the requirements to carry it (when they are introduced) will ever be rescinded?

Or will they be 'improved' to aid 'convenience of use'?

It's no coincidence that Bliar (a staunch advocate of ID cards) is saying that 'health passports' are inevitable and will become permanent in whatever shape or form!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back