Stay Home?

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18243

What sort of nonsense is "Stay Home"?

Stay AT Home.

Bloody foreigners; coming over here and taking our words.

Sponsored Links
Cornwall have voiced concern about people visiting, as have other holiday destinations, but looking at some local news stories and various facebook pages, reading the comments there is a huge surge in 'nationalism' and hatred of all things 'English', it's quite sad really.

there is a huge surge in 'nationalism' and hatred of all things 'English', it's quite sad really.

What, Cornish nationalism? I love Cornwall and the way that it is proud of itself. Yorkshire similarly. Northumberland too, they have their own flag and you see it flying from many houses. Where does the hatred of the English, by the English come from? You don't get it at all in the extremity counties. I think it spreads from London, and the BBC, like a virus.

What, Cornish nationalism? I love Cornwall and the way that it is proud of itself. Yorkshire similarly. Northumberland too, they have their own flag and you see it flying from many houses. Where does the hatred of the English, by the English come from? You don't get it at all in the extremity counties. I think it spreads from London, and the BBC, like a virus.

Gordon Ramsay is locked down in Rock at the moment, he was here with his family before the lockdown, over 700 comments on facebook and twitter last time I looked, many of the comments are quite ugly although to be fair many were in support.
Check out the facebook page 'The Cornish are a Nation'.

Sponsored Links
I must admit, I wanted to up the animals, dad in law and the other half and move everyone to my dads house in Cornwall. Dad in law wouldn't have it but at the beginning, it didn't seem so bad, or at least people didn't take it very seriously.

Scottish politicians have given us an example. Do as I say not what I do. OK she did resign, but the whole thing is flawed, I have done exactly as told by the government and their agents. The only time my wife or I have left my property is to go to the doctors, wife asked as the whole thing started for 3 months supply of pills for her diabetes, it was refused, so she has to visit the surgery once a month, old doctors gave her three months at a time, and the chemist would deliver, but since moving once a month and no delivery. I needed a B12 injection, well I say needed, I did not really think that important, so agreed with nurse I would get it done once panic was over, but she rang back, doctor wants it done, so I went to surgery, only person I got close to was the nurse.

So wife has had a small temperature, very mild, and I have had a temperature a bit worse, but other than visit to doctors we have not had contact with anyone for 3 weeks, if we have caught the virus in two weeks time we are safe to move again, but there is no way to know if we caught it or not, even if the doctors phoned and said the nurse has caught the virus, how do you feel, we would be reasonable sure we have caught it and recovered, but it seems nurses and doctors are not being tested unless they are hospitalised.

So do I need to stay on my property for 3 months, or am I now clear? I have no idea, it could have just been food poisoning as we have been eating some out of date food as only food delivered is milk, and we wash the bottles before putting in fridge. If we have caught it then it was mild, no coughing, but it says temperature or coughing not both.

So we sit here wondering if we need to once the 14 days has lapped. OK for me retired it does not really matter that much, but with so little testing how will we every be able to say to over 80's it is now safe to come out, and by that time will they be able to get out or will they have wasted away? Detached house so I walk around the house two or three times a day, so get some exercise, and that includes up/down flight of steps, but those in semi-detached house can't walk around the house, and at 79 not that important to keep super fit, but younger people will get unfit so more likely to get a worse dose when they do catch it.

I must admit, I wanted to up the animals, dad in law and the other half and move everyone to my dads house in Cornwall. Dad in law wouldn't have it but at the beginning, it didn't seem so bad, or at least people didn't take it very seriously.

My big sister is 10 years older than me and has copd, a couple of weeks back I suggested she hop on a train and come 'down here', she thought about it but decided to stay near her daughter, she probably regrets it now but things were moving so fast after that it's too late now.
I was just coming to the end of a big decorating job at the time, as you say the customer and I were joking about it but the day I completed the job she was pushing me out the door with a broomstick.

If we have caught it then it was mild, no coughing, but it says temperature or coughing not both.
Can be either symptoms or both. It's not one or the other as far as I know.

And best to stay at home as much as possible, even if you suspect you have had it because if you haven't then you still run the risk. With respect, at 79, you will have to still be cautious. Oh, you can go for a walk, if you so wish, just keep away from others.

Have you had any help with shopping? Eating out of date food and all..

and I have had a temperature a bit worse

Too many Welsh cakes would be my diagnosis, don't blame you, I can't resist them either.

Welsh_cakes_made_w_2997101a.jpg

Bara brith is my favourite, but the local cafe part of the railway station is unfortunately closed. As of course are all the pubs, however there does not seem to be any reduction in the wagons trundling up and down the local road, one wonders where all the stone is going, however I will not go out unless forced, collect medication or food.

I am annoyed about the medication, it could be avoided, either deliver to door, or three months supply, but no, one month only, and have to collect. Many in the NHS are doing sterling work, but it is not that hard to give three months supply the last doctor also in Wales did even before this virus.

This of course would present a problem for anyone who tries to move to a holiday home, they would need to go home to get medication.

Its acceptable grammar to omit the the prepositions with "home".
We wouldn't say go to home?

Wait for the 'nonsense' comments from people skewed with sensitivity about immigrants.

Having lived and worked abroad for many years observing being on the other end of stealing our jobs and go back home etc. I still get it and still agree with what you say, especially the BBC.

Nationalism is the real virus.
Patriots love their country while Nationalists hate other peoples country's.

My wife, her sister and brother are taking turns of getting a weekly shop for their mum and delivering it to her with, of course, a contactless handover. We live the furthest away though so that involves a 1 mile drive for my wife. They’ve all had to be firm with her demands though - last time we shopped for her she wanted some pearl barley and Co-Op pork and honey sausages. Only Co-Op mind, no others. We told her she gets what they have or haven’t got from one shop and that’s it!

Sponsored Links
Back