STAY ALERT

Sponsored Links
In a normal year deaths from accidents and mental health issues outweigh the deaths (so far) from the virus.

Add in the deaths from flu (and given that research has shown that many people who tested positive would have died anyway), then the risk factor may have been overplayed.

And how many have died because of 'austerity'?

And how many will die in the future given all the cutbacks that will be needed!

In a normal year deaths from accidents and mental health issues outweigh the deaths (so far) from the virus.

Add in the deaths from flu (and given that research has shown that many people who tested positive would have died anyway), then the risk factor may have been overplayed.

And how many have died because of 'austerity'?

And how many will die in the future given all the cutbacks that will be needed!
And how many would have died without any lockdown..No one knows.

Sponsored Links
That's the other thing I'd forgotten, the inability to understand the written word and the ability to twist to suit. Ahh, yep, still the same.
Do I understand you correctly?
You are well aware that Himmy is not here to respond to your comments, so you fire away with such belligerence, without risk of any contradiction.
How very courageous of you.
You are obviously harbouring some serious resentment against Himmy, as is Brigadier. Did you and Brigadier suffer from a bruising encounter with Himmy?
Was he banned for embarrassing you and/or Brigadier?
I fancy a bit of detective work to get to the bottom of this saga.
Will it be Columbo, oh, and one other thing......
or will it be Sherlock, you see, but you do not observe,
or even Dirty Harry, make my day, punk.

Do I understand you correctly?
You are well aware that Himmy is not here to respond to your comments, so you fire away with such belligerence, without risk of any contradiction.
How very courageous of you.
You are obviously harbouring some serious resentment against Himmy, as is Brigadier. Did you and Brigadier suffer from a bruising encounter with Himmy?
Was he banned for embarrassing you and/or Brigadier?
I fancy a bit of detective work to get to the bottom of this saga.
Will it be Columbo, oh, and one other thing......
or will it be Sherlock, you see, but you do not observe,
or even Dirty Harry, make my day, punk.
LOL!

But I'm not sure about getting them back in. Young kids can't socially distance. And it not fair to try and get them to in a setting where there are lots of them around.

I'm not sure either. I think they could have picked the age groups a bit better

I noticed that motorbiking used the government's "virus" deaths for children as 2 kids died.
But do we know how many extra child deaths there have been, outside of the normal pattern of (I believe) about 600 child deaths per year?
I appreciate such an assessment would be fraught with complex problems, such as reduced deaths because the kids are off school, perhaps outweighed by accidents in the home, etc.

You seem to be looking for a conspiracy? While people at the other end of the age demographic may be susceptible to being flagged as non-Covid the chances of a child being missed would be so much lower. Doctors expect old people to die, the same is not true of children.

You seem to be looking for a conspiracy? While people at the other end of the age demographic may be susceptible to being flagged as non-Covid the chances of a child being missed would be so much lower. Doctors expect old people to die, the same is not true of children.
As you've said, most children don't die from Covid-19. But if they can transmit it then they can cause their parents to catch it and they'll have a higher chance of dying. Or taking that disease to work at a care home and causing the people they care for to die.

It's herd immunity 2.0, no more, no less. In theory it might be possible but in practice I doubt enough people who're likely to be fine will be able to catch it and avoid infecting high risk people to avoid an even bigger peak.

Asking pertinent questions is not necessarily looking for a conspiracy. The answers can just as easily be used to reject any conspiracy. It's hiding the answers, or ignoring those answers that fuels the conspiracy theorists.

But I fully accept, and recognise the insight behind it, in the rest of your comment.
But do we know the answer to my question?

As you've said, most children don't die from Covid-19. But if they can transmit it then they can cause their parents to catch it and they'll have a higher chance of dying. Or taking that disease to work at a care home and causing the people they care for to die.

It's herd immunity 2.0, no more, no less. In theory it might be possible but in practice I doubt enough people who're likely to be fine will be able to catch it and avoid infecting high risk people to avoid an even bigger peak.

According to a doctor on R5L this morning, there is tentative evidence that children are not spreaders of CV, unlike with influenza.

As with everything to do with this though, only time will tell.

Sponsored Links
Back