Stay Home?

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
I am annoyed about the medication, it could be avoided, either deliver to door, or three months supply, but no, one month only, and have to collect. Many in the NHS are doing sterling work, but it is not that hard to give three months supply the last doctor also in Wales did even before this virus.
Yes, my old GP would give 2 or 3 months supply, but it changed a few years back. I presumed it was because I only paid one prescription cost per drug so I was costing them some money.
Have a look to see if there is a local chemist who can deliver? My dad in law has his delivered by the chemist up the high street.

Sponsored Links
We told her she gets what they have or haven’t got from one shop and that’s it!
At least your MIL is sensible. My dad in law just goes out until he gets exactly what he wants. A week ago or so it was eggs, so he went every day for 4 days until he got some. Then it was tesco lemon sherberts. No stock so he kept going back, despite having 5 or so bags at home and other boiled sweets (his fav). Every day he fixates on some weird item that he could easily do without and it basically works out that he goes shopping most days. For years, before the virus I took him once a week and he was more than happy with that. It's maddening.

Doesn't matter how much we try to reason with him, he doesn't see that this is any problem at all and the country is overreacting. We have though, finally got him to agree to getting his paper delivered and we sorted that. Sigh.

What, Cornish nationalism? I love Cornwall and the way that it is proud of itself. Yorkshire similarly. Northumberland too, they have their own flag and you see it flying from many houses. Where does the hatred of the English, by the English come from? You don't get it at all in the extremity counties. I think it spreads from London, and the BBC, like a virus.

What nonsense.

You think Cornwall is not an extremity?

No prescription charge I live it Wales, it seems there is not a chemist within a prescribed distance so the doctors surgery dispenses the drugs, so no option to use a chemist. And to be frank until covid 19 that was great, even now they have a window open so you don't actually go inside to pick them up, and if you are collecting your own drugs and they recognise you, don't even sign for them. You have a time slot, and so don't really have any physical contact.

But such a small town has it's problems, no delivery service, or collection service, so have to travel 50 mile to get food without contact, we have done it once, Tesco, wife drives to pick up point all pre-paid on line, she pressed button to open boot, they load everything in, then she closes boot by pressing button inside car, and drives off, she did not get out of the car. If she needs to talk she will open roof a tad.

But at 50 mile you want a good amount of shopping, no point of 20 items, you want a boot full, and quantity restrictions mean we are unlikely to want to repeat that in another 3 weeks or a month as simply too costly to travel that far for just a few items, want to do shopping for a month. We do have 3 freezers, and we expect to get snowed in, so we have always held a large stock, that's a way of life in Mid Wales.

Only way we can pick up enough food is our daughter lives in the major town we can shop in over the boarder in England, so she gets a stock in her garage ready for us. We should be on venerable list, but on Welsh list, and have to shop in England, so it does not help.

Sponsored Links
What nonsense.

Seem to remember they are invited to speak in the National eisteddfod it is not Welsh, but close enough to be understood. Gallic is very different to Welsh sure there will be the odd word the same, but not enough to be understood.

We would not have had this problem before the railways, 1333 Black Death started in China, 1348 it arrived in London.

What nonsense.

What don't you understand? Read posts more carefully John; less haste more speed.

Cornwall is at the south-west extreme of England and Northumberland at the north-east extreme. In both places there is a noticeable absence of the influence of London, the BBC and fashionable views on mass immigration.

In both places there is a noticeable absence of the influence of London, the BBC and fashionable views on mass immigration.
Oh, you mean an absence of tolerance.

Places like london, where foreigners are not an unusual sight, are more tolerant of people who are "not the same."

Anti-foreigner, and anti-immigrant, feeling is at its worst in places that don't have many.

Do you live in some rural backwater?

Seem to remember they are invited to speak in the National eisteddfod it is not Welsh, but close enough to be understood. Gallic is very different to Welsh sure there will be the odd word the same, but not enough to be understood.

I was talking to te drummer of a band in Aberystwyth who happened to be French, I asked him 'whats a French bloke doing in Aber?' to which he replied 'teaching Welsh', he was from Brittany where there language is similar to Welsh/Cornish.

Similarly, they say "write me" instead of "write to me".
Both my lads say 'going gym' as opposed to going TO THE gym. I always correct them - to no avail. My youngest tries his best to drop his 'T's. He dared say pa - io instead of patio earlier today. The wrath of noseall was soon upon him. He can talk properly but chooses not to, when acting cool.

I think its for show. There are more and more people joining this forum just to air their views. Look at their concentration of posts and you will see what I mean. A lot of it is pi$$ and wind and wind-up. andy is no different. He's obviously old and lonely and reads the DM and wants to be heard. Think Piers Morgan and Katie Hopkins and the fuel they need to fire that publicity machine.

Sad but true.

Sponsored Links
Back