Stay Home?

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
Nationalism is the real virus.
Patriots love their country while Nationalists hate other peoples country's.

Vinty you are making it up as you go along; a nationalist and a patriot are the same thing.

Also, you missed a third item off your list: those who love their own country and other countries.

a nationalist and a patriot are the same thing.
As a general rule

Patriots love their country but they don't necessarily agree with everything it does.
Nationalists love their country and agree with everything it does.

Sponsored Links
They have to be. They are used to a degraded way of life and do not know any better.

Of course Johnny lives far away from the results of multiculturalism - in Perth. He doesn't see why others shouldn't have multicultural hellholes inflicted on them - just as long as it's not in his area.

Last edited:
Nationalists love their country and agree with everything it does.
Not in this case though(nearly as busy as Brighton beach)

Terrorist funeral
1586443916641.jpg--police_investigating_after__some_people_blatantly_ignore__health_advice_at_funeral_of_former_sinn_fein_councillor.jpg

what have you paid

A lifetime of investment in the country, a lifetime of loyalty to and love of it, a lifetime of faith and pride in it and a lifetime of trust (sometimes misplaced) in its leaders. Ditto my parents and their parents.

Soooo - not the same thing. Hence the different usage.

A patriot and a nationalist are the same thing. People add "slants" to the meanings of words, to alter them to suit political ends or to mislead, but I adhere only to correct English. For example gay means cheerful, not homosexual - that is a corruption of the word.

A patriot and a nationalist are the same thing. People add "slants" to the meanings of words, to alter them to suit political ends or to mislead,
Fair enough. I have been known to complain about such a thing in the past.

We shall use jingoism for what nationalism has been corrupted to mean.

I cannot think of a specific word for one who loves his own country and others. When would it be needed?

Sponsored Links
Back