Stay Home?

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
Did he drive?
I really hope so, but his mode of transport has not been mentioned as far as I can tell. And I hope he didn't stop anywhere en route. Although with young children in the car, that's unlikely.

He (reportedly) said that he and his wife were feeling very unwell, (from Covid19 symptoms) supposedly too unwell to care for their child (children), which initiated the journey.
Yet not too unwell to drive 250 miles, and dance with his family in the garden.

I think he's spent too much time in Boris's company, he's learning from Boris's sincerity.

Sponsored Links
I do sometimes struggle with some posters on here, the English, spelling and grammar are just too rubbish to follow what they say. I guess that's what I mean by communication. Language is to communicate. I'm quite accepting that it's not always written perfectly (esp on a chat forum).
I hope you don't mind me using your comments as a springboard. I am only using your comment because it is relevant to what I want to say.

I do wish people would use 'signposts' in their prose, instead of jumping from one subject to the next, without any indication of a change of direction.
It does make their prose difficult to digest.
When thoughts are put down, as they occur, it makes for very difficult reading, especially when some of those thoughts are not even relevant to the subject. Taking the time to put those thoughts into logical order, with linking phrases, 'signposts', paragraphs and, as you say, punctuation, creates a more easily flowing comment, and makes it a heck of a lot easier to follow.
I do appreciate that some are using phones and similar equipment, which in itself creates problems. But if you want people to read your comment, you do have a duty to make it easy for them to digest. (Opening myself for some witty comments, there.)

Which law did he break?
So we are all free to go wherever we want when having symptoms 'just because'?

Or we are only free to go wherever we want when having symptoms just because of who we are?

Take your pick!

Sponsored Links
Yes and Yes

There are two aspects:

He needs to be told by an appropriate person to isolate and can be locked up if he doesn't. Was he?
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/129/regulation/8/made

He appears to have a lawful excuse:
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/350/regulation/6/made
But blatantly against the official advice.
Why was it necessary for him and his wife to travel?
Couldn't the parents have collected the children?
Other relatives had offered their assistance.
"His sister and nieces had volunteered to help "
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-52782913

I do wish people would use 'signposts' in their prose, instead of jumping from one subject to the next, without any indication of a change of direction.
Tiz a diy forum not the booker prize or Nobel Literature prize....

Tiz a diy forum not the booker prize or Nobel Literature prize....
I think you are digging into a reductio ad absurdum argument.
This bit is a general discussion forum, and if people want others to read their comments, they have a duty to make it comprehensible.

Sponsored Links
Back