Stay Home?

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
Yes, things do get decided by the 'stupid' (cough, Trump, cough!) but if it occurs often enough and the use is so high, then it becomes the new norm.
Is that not a very defeatist attitude perhaps encouraged by the modern view that no one shall be corrected for fear of upsetting their feelings?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Is that not a very defeatist attitude perhaps encouraged by the modern view that no one shall be corrected for fear of upsetting their feelings?
Not defeatist at all. Acceptance (and sometimes amusement) as it has always happened. It's a living language, there is no definitive English. Yes, good to have rules etc but languages belong to the users. If the users start to change things then..

I don't think upsetting any feelings has anything to do with it at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
The other thing I was thinking - the 'should of' instead of 'should have' doesn't bother me. I knew what the person meant. It's used in context really because that's how it sounds & it's perfectly easy to understand. I do sometimes struggle with some posters on here, the English, spelling and grammar are just too rubbish to follow what they say. I guess that's what I mean by communication. Language is to communicate. I'm quite accepting that it's not always written perfectly (esp on a chat forum). I choose my battles over what annoys me! :)

is this 'worrying about words' a side effect of the plague?

hehe. 'Not likely to be reasonable'

A person knocking on doors offering to do cashin-hand work.

I heard a rumour that people with CV19 symptoms were supposed go stay at home and self-isolate.

And I heard a rumour that people working for the Goverment who, during lockdown, drove hundreds of miles had been forced to resign.

Just go check, were those rumours true?

Sponsored Links
Back