Stephen Fry & God

Sponsored Links
absolutely 100% agreed the mans a genius
exactly the sort off arguments i use against the ones that try to convert me :cool:

with such strong views , maybe he should read the gospels first, maybe take a stepback and stop the blame game, and look more into who God really is.

if you just stick to your own views and not find what is the truth its going to be your loss. and a huge one at that. but thats your choice. your missing out on knowing a wonderfull God. through Jesus.

Sponsored Links
with such strong views , maybe he should read the gospels first,
I suspect he may have done that and reached his logical conclusion.

maybe take a stepback and stop the blame game, and look more into who God really is.
Who do you think she is?

if you just stick to your own views and not find what is the truth its going to be your loss. and a huge one at that.
Unless, of course, correct.

but thats your choice. your missing out on knowing a wonderfull God. through Jesus.
I would say it is your loss being continually deluded.

not the truth just some peoples opinions
you carry on believing and being happy
i will carry on not believing and being happy

He put his views across without anger or raising his voice and it is so true.

As a catholic schoolboy I became an Altar boy because I 'believed' in God and was scared stiff I would go to hell when I died if I didn't believe.
As I grew older and witnessed what was happening in the world around me, (and what had happened in the years before I was born such as two world wars, holocausts, Japanese treatment of prisoners etc), I began to think I was already in Hell.

As Stephen says, what God, who is portrayed as being full of kindness and love for everyone, inflicts such horrors on 'his children'? Surely he should be showing them mercy and empathy in times of stress? Not allowing evil minded people to escape justice in this world whilst others live on in the belief that justice will be served in the next! Is there a next? Has anyone ever proved there is?

It would be nice to see the argument against what he says, or at least a logical attempt to answer some of the quesions posed

ie why did god create those insects and diseases?

I'll throw in another Tom Wait's lyric, seeing as the last one went down so well

'Don't you know there ain't
no devil, there's just god when he's drunk'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C49H3aWdiK8

*the poster does not endorse the consumption of cigarettes, cocaine or alcohol. Or having Heart Attacks.

Was God an Astronaut

Who created mankind? According to some researchers, the answer lies with those who came from beyond the stars. The imagery of extra-terrestrial visitors who came in from other planets, and possibly even other galaxies, to seed the human race is a fascinating one, although highly speculative.

Erich von Daniken, who popularised this theory with his book, Chariots of the Gods, believes that these visitors — termed as ancient astronauts — landed on Earth when the planet was still in its infancy.

As part of their breeding experiments, they seeded the first human being and imparted them with the skills required to set humanity on the path of evolution.

The ancient astronauts, says Daniken, came time and again as humanity evolved, giving them the benevolent air of gods. They presumably built or helped build many architectural wonders of the ancient world, like Stonehenge.

To support his theory, Daniken has cited evidence available in the form of archaeological artifacts, especially cave paintings drawn by primitive man.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...s/Was-God-an-astronaut/articleshow/756217.cms

Many times in the past I've asked religious people to explain how they know that we are supposed to worship god? How do they know that god is even good and not actually an evil entity playing with humanity like a bug in a jar? None have ever been able to explain it.

You must be debating low-calibre religous zelots lol. Their answer to that is usually that it's in the bible, which is the word of god.

Begs the question of how do they know that as fact though. lol.

with such strong views , maybe he should read the gospels first, maybe take a stepback and stop the blame game, and look more into who God really is.

if you just stick to your own views and not find what is the truth its going to be your loss. and a huge one at that. but thats your choice. your missing out on knowing a wonderfull God. through Jesus.

Which of the gospels you you consider to be the correct version?

Many times in the past I've asked religious people to explain how they know that we are supposed to worship god? How do they know that god is even good and not actually an evil entity playing with humanity like a bug in a jar? None have ever been able to explain it.
Have you ever asked the same people to explain to you exactly what love is?

Have you ever asked the same people to explain to you exactly what love is?

You've managed to link GD's favourite two subjects.
Religion and immigrants. 😄

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loWXMtjUZWM

Which of the gospels you you consider to be the correct version?

what ever version,translation that is easier for you to read. no big deal, i like king james version,but have other versions. best thing is go to an alpha course, or a bible study,you can get people there to help you whith your questions.

Sponsored Links
Back