Supersize food

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it me or are food manufacturers going large more and putting offers on large items?

Soreen large loaf BOGOF
Pringles XXL (with 4 more pringles) BOGOF

Whats going on? Is this ethical?

Sponsored Links
AFAIK it's the shops that do the offers, not the manufacturer.I reckon it's to get rid of surplus stock as the supermarkets have to bulk buy to get the discounts on products.

But do you notice that these offers never apply to healthy foods eg buy one apple, get another free or buy one bottle of spring water and ........

ricicle said:
AFAIK it's the shops that do the offers, not the manufacturer.I reckon it's to get rid of surplus stock as the supermarkets have to bulk buy to get the discounts on products.
ACTUALLY you got that the wrong way around. Retail is actually quite a low margin business, and theres no way bulk buying would get the discounts needed to run a BOGOF promo. Hence this summer all the shops had pringles XXL on BOGOF. Two weeks previously, nobody had heard of pringles XXL.

ricicle said:
But do you notice that these offers never apply to healthy foods eg buy one apple, get another free or buy one bottle of spring water and ........
ACTUALLY water is frequently on offer. And sandwiches often have small linksaves with apples or oranges or fruit smoothies.

;)

Sponsored Links
Crafty said:
Retail is actually quite a low margin business, and theres no way bulk buying would get the discounts needed to run a BOGOF promo. Hence this summer all the shops had pringles XXL on BOGOF. Two weeks previously, nobody had heard of pringles XXL.

Often though, it is the retailer who decides on the promotions and the supplier who ends up financing them :eek:

When I was a kid (20 years ago), crisps were in 25g packets. Now they are 40g standard. More fat and salt anyone?

i don't know what all the fuss is about..........

burger01.jpg
:eek:

I had two of those a long time ago...consecutively, I might add.... :eek:

wow, i couldn't do it, i dont like tomatos.

I once did (well atemted) similar in a fatty arbuckles, they allwed me to swap the bits i didnt like for chips, I still lost. :cry:

Sponsored Links
Back