Tax Cuts And The Autumn Statement

Catering facilities are of course designed to have a capacity to almost be enough for anticipated demand.
Many schools were built decades ago, long before the influx of newcomers, capacity has been overwhelmed, and with the offer of free meals for all it will be a nightmare. If you had a child at school, would you be happy if they were fed any time between 11am and 3pm?

Sponsored Links
So Growth has been downgraded again - so who could see that coming? Look at our pathetic growth in the last decade.
Some blame Labour for the under-achievements of the last 13 years.
Its time we had a Labour government in power too many youngsters just don`t realise how shyte they are and need a short sharp shock to keep them straight the rest of their lives

I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again. The trouble with this country is that all the people that could be running this country properly, correctly and efficiently are unable to do so because they are all far too busy posting on internet forums.
You over estimate your abilities. You should stick to the posting on internet forums.

Not at all. The fact is most school kitchens are not geared up for vast numbers, meals are costed and have to come in at a ridiculously low price of less than £1 per meal, plus they are limited in what they can use regarding sugar and salt, so many meals are fairly bland. People I know who work in school meals tell me that the amount having school meals is about 50% with the same having packed lunches, and with that amount they can just about cope. If they offer free meals to all kids, they will have serving times of several hours, so your kid may have their meal at any time from 11 am to 3 pm, hardly ideal. Some school meal personnel would sometimes take leftover food home rather than bin it, but now they say they have to weigh all waste so none gets used and all waste goes to landfill or wherever. When I was at primary school, the kids were all fairly local, many, myself included, would go home for lunch.
If the facilities can now cope with 50% of the school having school meals, in only one sitting, it makes logical sense that only two sittings would be required. I very much doubt if four hours would be required for two school meals sittings consisitng of just two relatively simple courses.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
yep lets announce we are selling thus driving an already falling price down further .

From your own link:

"...... the gold sales of 20-years ago and Brexit are just another two examples of great British calamities."

There's enough schools, too many children.
Oh, so you favour euthanasia for the children of the poor.

You're full of hate.

Who do you imagine will support our huge and growing elderly population?

Observe the size of the under-35 groups.

There were more children 45 years ago than there are now. Look at the numbers of people in their 50's, and the numbers in their teens and below.

chrome_screenshot_23 Nov 2023 19_20_57 GMT.png

Last edited:
More money for the people who pay taxes and less for those who don't. What is not to like?

What’s not to like is that it is another Tory lie.

The decision to cut tax has FA to do with economics and everything thing to do with bribing the electorate.

It is a tax cut coming into force in January, but is being funded by £19b of public spending cuts over the next 5 years - in other words F****g up the country for political point scoring.

what a cunch of bunts

And most of the UK population.
really !! thats why the biggest protest march this country has ever seen took to the streets about it .
Even labours own foreign secretary was against it

really !! thats why the biggest protest march this country has ever seen took to the streets about it .
Even labours own foreign secretary was against it

Estimates say 1.5 million people protested
against 63.5million who didn’t
its not exactly supporting your argument.

I bet you supported the war at the time

Estimates say 1.5 million people protested
against 63.5million who didn’t
its not exactly supporting your argument.

I bet you supported the war at the time
Did you support it notchy and if so why?

Sponsored Links
Back