Texecom Connect

what do you think of this one?

Attachments

• E10EE549-79B4-49DE-8108-1F0C553ED979.png
    E10EE549-79B4-49DE-8108-1F0C553ED979.png
    604.4 KB · Views: 159
Sponsored Links
If you have an old wireless router lying around, you might be able to flash DD-WRT onto it to get the Wifi bridge functionality for free.

Sponsored Links
Personally I'd go for a wire (Ethernet) if at all possible - however PowerLine Networking (PLN) are ok for a temporary solution, I'm using a couple of TP link ones to give a 500mpbs connection (more like 300mbps real world) into my new office before I run Cat 6 to a proper rack the house. (I speak as an IT professional, not an alarm one, WiFi is a flaky beast, and I'd not use it for anything which needs a reliable 24/7 connection).
However every now and then I have to reboot one of my PLN TP links as it just kills the connection. Not the best quality, but they do work.

Be really interested to hear how you get on with the Texecom Connect (they are promising the Android app next year), I've held off buying a Premier Elite 24 for ages due to all the reported issues with the original app, and the mobile signal is poor where we live so wasn't sure the ComGSM would cut it. Got it all spec'd out ready, at this rate I'll install CCTV before the alarm...

Hi,

We are very close in getting a new Texecom system installed. The quotes I have got include the installation of the ComIP module.

Is it best to wait for when the Connect is fully released / tested and go for that instead ? Both the installers says they need to test it first and won't be ready until after the new year.

Go for the connect. You can still use it for ComIP functionality.

Hi, I fitted a texecom premier elite at home a couple of years ago and I'm interested in adding the smarthub. I've got a few questions though if anyone could help:
  1. When upgrading the firmware to v4 will I lose my current settings?
  2. Can I get free APNS notifications instead of charged SMS for my alarm notifications?
  3. Is it possible to get notifications of batteries going flat - currently the first I know of this is when a battery has gone flat and the system reports a fault rendering it unusable until the battery is replaced!
  4. Using the smarthub can I connect to Wintex and Ricochet over wifi?
  5. Can I enable/disable the alarm from the mobile app and if so can i do that from a remote location?
  6. Any recommendations for IP cameras that are compatible with the texecom system, will any IP camera work? I'm actually sure if cameras will integrate the system now or if thats a future enhancement yet to come.
Thanks in advance!

smart hub not available yet and no confirmed dates.

I believe beta testing of the android app has been open to end users now, via there installers and requires agreeing to reporting back any issues and how the app was being used, You will need android version 5 or above to utilise it and its available on google play on these terms I believe.

Thanks, I was getting confused with the Smart com, are any of the questions I listed handled by the Smart com?

Also, is the smart hub going to require the Smart com is installed already?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back