Texecom Premier Elite - Dreaded 'No ATS Available'

No.

You should have ARC1 filled in for the communication method you are using.
If you have other coms methods then you may use other ARC's.

So Texecom connect in your case.

Smart com does not send out notifications, the COMIP does.
within each ARC, there is an option to point the panel to the comport that is to be used to send communications through.

so if COM1 was comip, then in the configuration of the ARC 1(in this case) you would point it to com 1.
It is possible now to have com1, com2 (always been available) or Com 3 with the comport plus adapter, since release of the smart com.

The IP address for the com-ip module is usually automatically assigned.

Sponsored Links
The default for Texecom connect protocol is to use comip on comport 2 to send out communications.

The default for Texecom connect protocol is to use comip on comport 2 to send out communications.

OK, so if the ComIP is the one making/receiving the outbound comms, do I need to ensure that under 'Setup IP Data', COM2 has the IP Address set or should it be COM1 or doesn’t it matter?

If I wanted to add a ComIP on COM3, presumably I add the IP in setup IP based on what it’s picked up from DHCP?

if the comip uint is seperate from the app notifications, then all you need to do is setup com 3 for the comip it should automatically be assigned by dhcp. Dont know what your using it for so if it was home automation using crestron protocol then you would be programming it to crestron rather than com ip

Sponsored Links
if the comip uint is seperate from the app notifications, then all you need to do is setup com 3 for the comip it should automatically be assigned by dhcp. Dont know what your using it for so if it was home automation using crestron protocol then you would be programming it to crestron rather than com ip

Yes, it would be separate to the SmartCom/ComIP for notifications. Looking to use the additional ComIP on COM3 with Homebridge via the Crestron protocol.

Thx

View media item 105180
So the DHCP IP on my LAN for the texe_hub has changed, yet in the Com-IP Details below, it still has the old static address - do they need to match?

Hesitant to mess as it's currently working...

They should match obviously, you can clear it out of setup in details and it should populate its self.

leave it if it’s working

OK, so had 5 mins to run through in my mind what i'd done. I'd found another post where someone was trying to move the SmartCOM & COMIP to COM2/COM3 and you'd popped the below comment:

with the connect on arc 1, and sms on arc2, make sure that the com port for the signal is set to com3 on arc 2.

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/...nnect-smartcom-2-issues.505431/#ixzz6XwqFEI95

Where do you configure the Comport for the Signal? I've looked through the manual and the only thing which I think comes close, is the 'Reporting Channels > Reporting On' when configuring the ARC side of things (P85 on the manual). Am I in the right place, or barking up the wrong tree?

Thx

firstly, Wintex may not be up to date until you have received data, don't think you are trying, you have Wintex look on the ARC's tab????

firstly, Wintex may not be up to date until you have received data, don't think you are trying, you have Wintex look on the ARC's tab????

Thanks for your help thus far, but i'm gonna leave it here. I'm not an expert in Texecom, I don't work with Alarms for a living.

I have an old version of the software, I know I need a newer version which would likely explain why some of the screens and options don't line up with what i'm reading vs. seeing. There is nothing in the screens within the app, or the menu when I go via the virtual keypad options to give me a pointer which com port is being used. The ARC tab only gives me the Pri/Sec tel number which is a loopback IP address and a protocol option to 'Connect via IP'. There is nowt which says on COM1/2/3.

using the wrong version of wintex could cause issues due to subtle changes.

Your just not looking deep enough in the menus on the keypad, if you can see the 127.x.x.x address then you just need to go a little further, hence why I say your not trying.

so if you go through each option for the texecom connect protocol you will get there eventually, it should also be in the lastest manuals

using the wrong version of wintex could cause issues due to subtle changes.

Your just not looking deep enough in the menus on the keypad, if you can see the 127.x.x.x address then you just need to go a little further, hence why I say your not trying.

so if you go through each option for the texecom connect protocol you will get there eventually, it should also be in the lastest manuals

Right, I'm now an "installer" so have the latest wintex and see there a LOT more options than I was seeing.

I had nothing configured in ARC1 for which COM Port to use; so I've set it as COM2 which should match the SmartCom on COM1 and ComIP on COM2, based on what I picked up earlier in this thread.

I've also given COM3 a static IP address, so hopefully I can now hook Homebridge in; or if I need to, move the ports around.

Thanks again for the pointers.

Hi, I hope I can resurrect this thread as I have (had) the same problem as Speedbird979...

I can confirm that swapping the COM1 & COM2 port options and the returning them to normal also fixed my "No ATS" available problem. Actually, I seemed to have an "ATS Path Fault" but on Wintex there were multiple ATS issues (perhaps that is normal if they are all connected issues).

Like Speedbird979, I am not a 'true' installer but I am reasonably competent in getting things working... but equally a little knowledge can be dangerous! On this occasion I thought I had resolved my issue, but I have the following errors that seem to remain on Wintex... please see screenshots. My keypad is telling me to call the alarm company to service the system!

Please let me know if my limited knowledge has reached the end of what I can do?

(Zones 1-8 as far as I know are not used... so not sure if I can ignore the first set of errors?)
upload_2021-2-22_8-53-54.png

upload_2021-2-22_8-54-43.png

upload_2021-2-22_8-55-23.png

What system do you have? I found out the hardest my panel doesn’t support a ComPort+ / COM3 so I can’t hook it up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back