The deficit.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it beyond ability of the UK Government to reduce it? Just last month it went up by £23 billion. That's about a billion for every million workers in the UK - or (if my maths are right) a thousand quid for every working person in the UK in just a month. How can this continue? The Leaders are banging on about the £6 billion added to NI contributions but what's £6 billion when the deficit went up by £163 billion in the past year?

My question is: How can we reduce the £800 billion deficit when we can't even stop it rising at a ridiculous rate? Interest payments on the deficit are running at £40 billion per year!! FFS - we are just a nation of credit junkies who are looking like the bailiffs are heading our way - and my bet is that they are.

Sponsored Links
Cleggy says do away with Trident save £100 billion and thats the debt gone and a bit of spare in the back pocket,simples :LOL: economics is easy see.

Simple - do "an Iceland" and tell our creditors to go and fook themselves :idea:

Cleggy says do away with Trident save £100 billion and thats the debt gone and a bit of spare in the back pocket,simples :LOL: economics is easy see.

That's not even the deficit for a year or even 6 months. Just where are the cuts going to come? This is really serious.

Sponsored Links
Just where are the cuts going to come? This is really serious.

OK, fetch troops back from iraq / afghanistan. Reduce number of troops by half.

reduce spending on the jobless - mainly them that "wont work".

Put a number of troops at border points to stop illegals - we're an island, this shouldnt be hard.

Pull out of the EU - its doing us no favours and costing us billions.

This will pay off the debt. Easily.

It won't though. It wouldn't even reduce the 40 billion that we pay in interest on our National Credit Card.

Yep, and when some unforeseen enemy decides to attack the UK, I'm sure we'll see Nick Clegg, flying the new British flag from the White Cliffs of Dover.
A white cross on a white background, no doubt.

An unforseen enemy? Get real. :LOL: :LOL:
I'm fast coming to the conclusion that the "unforseen enemy" is in fact the white indigenous population - lazy, overweight, self righteous, racist, narrow minded, overly-procreative, selfish, xenophobic....

National Credit Card.

Where does one apply for one of these National Credit Cards, sounds like a good deal. I want one
small2

Sign me up!!! do i need to pass a credit check though?

Just where are the cuts going to come? This is really serious.

OK, fetch troops back from iraq / afghanistan. Reduce number of troops by half.

You mean reduce the army to 10 blokes and 7 guns instead of 20 blokes and 7 guns and a badly equipped tank?

If the Army gets any smaller you'll be able to hold military parades in a phone box.

Sponsored Links
Back