The first German was vaccinated for Covid on Sunday

Lastly we are no longer the EU closest allies, they are rather annoyed with us for wanting to leave, and want to make it difficult, they want us to be their subordinates rather than an equal.

Surprisingly Germany have traditionally been one of our closes allies in the EU, we're the 2nd largest importer of German cars and we're more closely aligned to them politically than other countries, whenever France needed slapping down, Germany relied on us for support.
Merkel's in her final throes as leader and I suspect with the problems that Germany has endured in recent years, she's losing the will slightly. Perhaps that's why she hasn't intervened strongly in the trade talks, and indeed for the sake of 'unity' is putting Europe to the back of the queue for the vaccine, despite it being a German company.
One things for sure, if France doesn't fall into line over this deal, EU Unity will be out the window, the cracks are already appearing.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Perhaps that's why she hasn't intervened strongly in the trade talks

You misunderstand. As the EU27 has been saying for five years, and as Angela has been saying for five years, the Unions objectives have been discussed, defined and agreed, and delegated to Barnier.

They all know better than to let May or Doris try to slice off individual members to weaken or break the Union's position. As I mentioned a few days ago.

„Aha, das ist gut zu wissen. Ich verhandele überhaupt nicht.“

#Merkel auf die Frage, was sie dazu sage, dass „die britische Presse“ sie als Hauptschuldige für die mangelnden Fortschritte bei EU-UK-Verhandlungen beschreibe.*

#Brexit #blamegame

What a pity the dUK has not yet been able to discuss, define and agree its objectives. Just think how much more successful it might have been in reaching a mutually acceptable deal!

Unfortunately the government has spent five years trying to agree incompatible wishes within different wings of the Conservative party. And still not managed it.

*"When asked what she thought of the British press trying to blame her for lack of progress in the Brexit negotiatons, she said "Oh, that's good to know. I'm not negotiating at all!"

Note the hashtag.

It's not, it's a loss for Belgium, Germany and the rest of the EU.
You've been lauding it as a win for UK

If you want to claim it as a UK benefit at least have the decency to acknowledge that the benefit has been created for the UK by German and Belgium.

Hopefully we will be able to reciprocate when the Oxford vaccine comes on stream.

This is global effort not Little Britain versus EU.......I think you need to get out more

Back