Can Covid vaccine stop the spread.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's seems not

Evidence so far shows the vaccine doesn't stop asymptomatic infection

So until everybody vulnerable to Covid is vaccinated social distancing will need to continue.

Sponsored Links
Do people social distance to avoid the common cold? Once the potency of the virus has been reduced it’s a different game. For that it’s really only the over 75s and clinically vulnerable that need it. Hardly anyone gets it bad who is fit and healthy and under 50.

I think the AZ vaccine availability will be key as the Pfizer one is a bit delicate.

If the surveys that show of 20% of the country will refuse to be vaccinated are correct then there's going to be a lot of people who'll be vulnerable to it. If the sane people can spread it then that means the nutters will be in a lot more danger.

Wave 3 is going to be bad, assuming wave 2 actually drops enough, which it doesn't seem like at the moment.

You need to look at the demographics of that 20%. I wonder how many are actually in the risk groups. Once everyone else gets it and is ok I wonder how many of that 20% will change their mind.

my guess is most of the anti Vaxers are under 65.

the people at risk will be other nations once we start travelling

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You need to look at the demographics of that 20%. I wonder how many are actually in the risk groups. Once everyone else gets it and is ok I wonder how many of that 20% will change their mind.

my guess is most of the anti Vaxers are under 65.

the people at risk will be other nations once we start travelling
I'd be amazed if it's not mandatory for international travel.

You're probably right on the demographics, but even with a smaller fraction of the vulnerable groups refusing the Vaccine could be at greater overall risk when social distancing stops if Covid-19 is still in heavy circulation.

I'd be amazed if it's not mandatory for international travel.
And don't forget internal travel...

ANPR is already being used to fine people travelling between 'tiers', so it will only be a matter a time before it is 'papiere bitte' for all aspects of life!

Do people social distance to avoid the common cold? Once the potency of the virus has been reduced it’s a different game. For that it’s really only the over 75s and clinically vulnerable that need it. Hardly anyone gets it bad who is fit and healthy and under 50.

Interesting to think that antivaxxers will be improving the health of the nation by selectively culling the weak, the sick, and the old.

Eugenics is coming back into fashion.

It cannot stop the spread of stupid.

1hx45gmddv361.jpg

If the sane people can spread it then that means the nutters will be in a lot more danger.

Darwinism in action. Downside?

Anti-vaxxers. IMO, the term should only be used for ideological opponents to vaccines, who spread nonsense and ridicule those in favour. People who are not personally convinced/are at risk/are not bovvered, are not in that group.

Me: sleeve is up already.

It’s all bluff and bluster from him. He'll be getting his shot long before us - care home workers will be getting it this week.
Aww bless...

The old man really can't help himself...

But then that's the inevitability given he is a soup dribbler!

so it will only be a matter a time before it is 'papiere bitte' for all aspects of life!
No chance, haven’t you seen the news - we're leaving the EU in December. Only the other Europeans will be asked that by the Germans.

Sponsored Links
Back