Can Covid vaccine stop the spread.....

At odds with...

"The UK government has granted pharmaceutical giant Pfizer a legal indemnity protecting it from being sued, enabling its coronavirus vaccine to be rolled out across the country as early as next week.
The Department of Health and Social Care has confirmed the company has been given an indemnity protecting it from legal action as a result of any problems with the vaccine.
Ministers have also changed the law in recent weeks to give new protections to companies such as Pfizer, giving them immunity from being sued by patients in the event of any complications."

Personally I believe that if any form of indemnity is given, then (looking at history) it'll take decades of expensive court action to bring any meagre compensation for the survivors should anything go wrong...

So if you want to be a 'lab rat' then go ahead (y)

Sponsored Links
Another reason why GP's may be pushing back on giving the vaccine is the amount they would have to do.

I know someone who works in a supermarket pharmacy and they have been told that they would only be able to dispense it if they can do 1000 injections a week.
Thats about 142 a day or 1 every 10 minutes.
In between they have to thoroughly clean the area and keep the patient for 15 minutes to ensure no adverse reactions.

No pharmacy can do this, they have neither the space or staff.
The same I assume applies to doctors surgeries.

Never mind having the facilities to store it.

My guess is that once the AstraZenica one is available then they'll just use that for the GP hubs and he Pfizer one for hospitals where they already have the freezers.
So how would 'they' work out which one works best against the 'virus' unless there is ID tracking?

Especially as big pharma is working on several more 'versions' in order to cash in!

Sponsored Links
6tmq8bpnzr461.jpg

Another reason why GP's may be pushing back on giving the vaccine is the amount they would have to do.

I know someone who works in a supermarket pharmacy and they have been told that they would only be able to dispense it if they can do 1000 injections a week.
Thats about 142 a day or 1 every 10 minutes.
In between they have to thoroughly clean the area and keep the patient for 15 minutes to ensure no adverse reactions.

No pharmacy can do this, they have neither the space or staff.
The same I assume applies to doctors surgeries.

Never mind having the facilities to store it.

You forgot to add on top they have to call the patient in and book them. But the best part was that initially the Government said that the GP were liable for any issues with the vaccine, they relented but then the 9 month contract is basically open ended and many GPs in their PCN will do this and make a loss.

The NHS has told GPs in private they can reduce their services to manage the vaccinations but to the public they are saying GPs should be oiperating as normal.

Expect a lot of vaccines to be wasted as people miss their appointments. They say it can stay stable for 5 days but in reality they think its nearer 3.5 days.

So tell me how much you think you should charge to call and book patients, bring them in, have a discussion about the vaccine, check their records, then dilute the vaccine, have the room cleanes and sterlised, then have the patient wait for 15 minutes for observation?

Some GPs have warned that designated sites set to start delivering the vaccine from next week could no longer meet the requirement to deliver 975 doses of vaccine within 3.5 days given the requirement to observe patients.

The MHRA requirement for a 15-minute observation period came after three patients experienced adverse reactions on the first day of the UK COVID-19 vaccination programme.

GPonline reported on 10 December that the policy could throw GPs' plans to deliver the vaccine into disarray - and GPs have warned the change will significantly slow the pace at which vaccination can be delivered, change staffing requirements and could require additional equipment.

Deus ex machina (a suspiciously sudden and contrived solution to a suspiciously sudden and contrived problem).

Wonder what country you live in, definitely. Who would want a coward like you watching there back. Weasel iron hoof.

At odds with...

"The UK government has granted pharmaceutical giant Pfizer a legal indemnity protecting it from being sued, enabling its coronavirus vaccine to be rolled out across the country as early as next week.
The Department of Health and Social Care has confirmed the company has been given an indemnity protecting it from legal action as a result of any problems with the vaccine.
Ministers have also changed the law in recent weeks to give new protections to companies such as Pfizer, giving them immunity from being sued by patients in the event of any complications."

Personally I believe that if any form of indemnity is given, then (looking at history) it'll take decades of expensive court action to bring any meagre compensation for the survivors should anything go wrong...

So if you want to be a 'lab rat' then go ahead (y)

Depends which narrative you prefer, yes on balance having discussed with my father, (DPhil, Oxon) who was a clinical trials co-ordinator with 40 years experience. I'm happy to have the jab, though I will be one of the last to be offered it.

(DPhil, Oxon) who was a clinical trials co-ordinator with 40 years experience

It would be hard to find somebody more qualified to give an informed decision.

I shall bank that for myself as a tick to have the vaccine.

Sponsored Links
Back