The future of British Society.

back up your statements with some hard facts not bigoted rants..

Wey hey ....there we go , the old chestnut 'BIGOT' :LOL: :LOL:

immigrants are far more likely to be in insecure housing, worse living conditions and less money.
GOOD.
Hard facts please.????

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ioners-died-cold-hour-winter-prices-soar.html

Quoting the daily mail ffs how sad.. What has it got to do with immigrants? .precisely nothing

You know not every problem in this country and world is the fault of immigrants

What percentage of benefits claimants are white british?

I just came back from holiday on the coast, nearly all the staff I met in the hotel were eastern european, perfect english, very polite and hardworking. Focus your small minded bile on your own kind as they are the overwhelming cause of this countrys problems

Sponsored Links
What rights, they have to be earnt.
Totally agree with that statement. The indiginous population in this country appear to be overlooked. Oh, let's not put the Saint Georges flag up incase it upsets a certain section of our community. Let's not call it the Union Jack anymore - it has to be called the Union flag?
Let's not call it the Mecca bingo hall anymore. For goodness sake, how much more do we have to bend over backwards to appease these people?
Put up or shut up.

What rights, they have to be earnt.
Totally agree with that statement. The indiginous population in this country appear to be overlooked. Oh, let's not put the Saint Georges flag up incase it upsets a certain section of our community. Let's not call it the Union Jack anymore - it has to be called the Union flag?
Let's not call it the Mecca bingo hall anymore. For goodness sake, how much more do we have to bend over backwards to appease these people?
Put up or shut up.

the indigenous population is a mix of many different cultures races and religeons all with the SAME rights.

Personally i find all flag waving of any nationality pretty pathetic but the old Union Jack just reminds me of the National Front

and the Flag of ST George just reminds me of when England get knocked out of yet ANOTHER WORLD CUP !

Funny none the people you moan about generally dont give a F@K about it

large sections of what YOU think are the indigenous people are FAT,THICK,LAZY,CRIMINAL and WORKSHY sort those out and you will have cracked it

But getting out the FAT,THICK,LAZY,CRIMINAL and WORKSHY NON ENGLISH SPEAKING ones not even entitled to be here would be a VERY GOOD START.

Glad to see we agree on something.

Sponsored Links
But getting out the FAT,THICK,LAZY,CRIMINAL and WORKSHY NON ENGLISH SPEAKING ones not even entitled to be here would be a VERY GOOD START.

And that includes the gun toting ones. You know, the one's he won't condemn.

And that includes the gun toting ones. You know, the one's he won't condemn.

Who are the Gun toting immigrants?

I condemn violence of any description state or otherwise

Most of the manufacturing jobs in this country have been sold off, and shipped abroad, including telephone call centres. So the only way, to boost growth, and make new jobs, is to uninvent something.

It might sound strange to uninvent something; but the plane Concorde was uninvented.

Now a lot of consumer electronics are cheap, and throwaway. But what would happen if they were handbuild, and meant to last, but cost x3 of what they do now?

I've got a B&O TV, that has a better picture than ANY LCD/Plasma screen, but my TV is nearly 30 years old.

At purchase it cost £1000, which is a lot now, but I guarantee, that any Plasma/LCD, will NOT work in 5-10 years, due to their design.

Pay more for the staff, the quality, the reliability, uninvent the mechanisation, and pay more for quality, reliability, and service.

Nice idea there Mickymoody which has a lt of merit - in particular the perils of a throw-away society. Two questions I have though, having read your post thoroughly several times:

1/. How would you persuade people to spend more on these goods when they could spend less on foreign and probably cheaper imported goods?

2/. How could you pursuade peple that it's better to buy "yesterday's" goods rather than the most modern and up to date versions?

Nice idea there Mickymoody which has a lt of merit - in particular the perils of a throw-away society. Two questions I have though, having read your post thoroughly several times:

1/. How would you persuade people to spend more on these goods when they could spend less on foreign and probably cheaper imported goods?

2/. How could you pursuade peple that it's better to buy "yesterday's" goods rather than the most modern and up to date versions?

If you look at the hours that a plasma TV will work, it is 5-10 years, after that, it will die, that is what the manufacturer says.

Would you buy a TV set for £1000, knowing that it will work for 30 years, or buy a £300 pound set that has a poor picture, that is guaranteed to break in a year?

An LCD or a Plasma TV does not have a lifespan of over 10 years. A CRT TV does. READ THE MANUAL.

Plasma, and LCD is new, but fails. CRT, is a better picture, and works better.

If you look at the hours that a plasma TV will work, it is 5-10 years, after that, it will die, that is what the manufacturer says.

Would you buy a TV set for £1000, knowing that it will work for 30 years, or buy a £300 pound set that has a poor picture, that is guaranteed to break in a year?

An LCD or a Plasma TV does not have a lifespan of over 10 years. A CRT TV does. READ THE MANUAL.

Plasma, and LCD is new, but fails. CRT, is a better picture, and works better.
You are undoubtedly correct in that a CRT has a better picture than a plasma - one can't argue with personal experience after all :) For many people, I'm not really sure that they think the picture quality is that different.

The trouble with the plasma/LCD for £300 that lasts for 10 years (I'm sure it must have been a typing error that made you suggest that a TV is "guaranteed" to break after a year - it would be very silly if you actually meant it :) ) as opposed to the CRT for £1000 that lasts for 30 years is that assuming that both types lasted their expected lifespan, if I bought three LCD's one after the other then I would get my 30 years service from them for a total of £900 which meant that it would be a saving of £100 compared to the CRT which cost £1000. Plus LCD's don't take up quite as much space as CRTs, plus if I changed the furniture or decor of my room after 10 years I could buy a LCD which matched the new look far better than an aging CRT.

The Tv debate is really quite simple

yes in many ways CRT can be seen as better often in terms of contrast
and refercne monitors are still often CRT

HOWEVER.............If you want a TV over 40 inches in size forget CRT the screen will be curved and the it will be so heavy it will have its OWN GRAVITY FIELD!

Also HI Definition WILL NOT be available to you so forget that and
3D if you are so inclined.

I bought myself a Pioneer KURO 600 KRPa 60inch plasma 2 and a half years ago for £5000 it is still seen as the THE best TV on the market
it blows away any CRT set i have seen and that includes my old
32 inch LOEWE which was also a class leading TV in its day

and it hangs LOVELY JUBBLY on the wall ;)

Since when did manufacturers quote product lifespan in years?

We, along with all other manufacturers quote MTBF.
Totally different.

One would have thought that it's in the manufacturer's best interest to produce goods of a reasonable life expectancy, They may well have what is considered a reasonable amount of usage before failure in mind - for example a TV on 10 hours a day for 6 or so years will (very roughly) be designed to make sure that it gives 20000 hours of usage time.

6 to 8 years in the life of a TV with a heavy-ish usage before it starts to have the occasional bit of gip doesn't really seem to bad, and would IMO maintain the manufacturer's level of reputation whilst providing it with a fair level of renewal/turnover.

The latest LED technology boasts 100,000 hours lifetime.

If my maths serves me well, at an average of 10 hours use per day that works out to be 27 years.

Of course after about 5 years these days there’s another ‘must have’ model out, so it’s a moot point anyway...

The latest LED technology boasts 100,000 hours lifetime.

If my maths serves me well, at an average of 10 hours use per day that works out to be 27 years.

Of course after about 5 years these days there’s another ‘must have’ model out, so it’s a moot point anyway...
Absolutely. But it's highly cost effective if one is on a long term budget. Mind you I wouldn't be surprised if you have to take out a 27 year mortgage to pay for the thing :LOL: I'm not knocking anyone, but the idea of spending £5k for a tv frightens me. Different horse for different courses I suppose.

Sponsored Links
Back