The Germans

The quota system is about distributing refugees amongst EU member states. Germany and France bear the brunt of the intake at present with France taking nearly double what the UK does.

That's not important really.

If Germany and France are happy to abide by the EU's diktats, then that's their business.

I am not.

be about the only thing they will abide by.

Sponsored Links
If Germany and France are happy to abide by the EU's diktats, then that's their business.

I am not.

be about the only thing they will abide by.

Indeed. Take the smoking regulations, for example.
I have just returned from a holiday in Germany, where I saw ashtrays on every (covered) outdoor table and even people smoking indoors at eating places, although admittedly near to the door.
I believe the Spanish are particularly efficient at ignoring the no-smoking-indoors rule and, in the days when I used to smoke, was pleased to find an indoor smoking room in a pub in Ireland where they got round the rule by having a small space next door with a hole in the roof!

Why do we appear to be the only country to take the EU rules seriously?
(Answer: because we're soft bu*gers.)

Why do all these illegal migrants have to come to Europe, if they are from the middle East why aren't they relocated in the middle East, Turkey, Saudi Arabia and others are behind a lot of the destabilisation in the region so why don't they take responsibility for the fallout from their actions.

Sponsored Links
People want to flee 3rd world poo holes - news at 11.

Southern EU states are closest to these borders, they have typically had to pay the most for enforcing the borders, lately a lot of anecdotal sources seem to suggest that these southern states are fed up of taking all these people, getting little funding from the rest of the EU to patrol the waves, so just let them through.

Which if true seems reasonable.

The whole EU needs to pay for or contribute physical assets to border control, and camps outside of EU territory need to be set up for processing (Similar to what Australia is doing). There are several reasons it needs to be outside of EU borders, another discussion though.

None of that will happen though, getting the EU to agree to something like this is like a bag full of cats getting along nicely.

Fair enough. We'll patrol the English Channel and the rest of the EU can patrol the Med.

If Cameron takes a hard line then every voter in the UK will back him.

Had to laugh at this one......

Why do all these illegal migrants have to come to Europe, if they are from the middle East why aren't they relocated in the middle East, Turkey, Saudi Arabia and others are behind a lot of the destabilisation in the region so why don't they take responsibility for the fallout from their actions.
Typical naïve statement from a blinkered RWR. You have no idea do you boyo.:rolleyes:

Absolutely clueless and thanked by JBR yet again. Why can't the RWR think, or at least do a wee bit of research before they hit the send key.

If Cameron takes a hard line then every voter in the UK will back him.

As there is an opt out already, which is not being reported by the papers, he'll do the usual posturing then announce a 'victory' over getting a concession that was already there.

Thatcher and Major did a similar kind of posturing over the SEA and Maastricht.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR

Typical naïve statement from a blinkered RWR. You have no idea do you boyo.:rolleyes:

Absolutely clueless and thanked by JBR yet again. Why can't the RWR think, or at least do a wee bit of research before they hit the send key.

Why do all these illegal migrants have to come to Europe. Why aren't they all relocated in Staffordshire? They're guaranteed a warm welcome.

Sounds like a reasonable question to me even if it might be rhetorical. So perhaps you would like to enlighten us all with your wisdom.

I also have thanked tosser

What reason is given for not towing the boats back towards the coast near where they left and pointing them in the right direction. Quite a simple thing to do with naval technology I would have thought.

Sponsored Links
Back