The Theory of Everything

How can you forget something you've never been taught?
You see "evil" in the Bible because its convenient to push your own Bible bashing agenda.
Simples.

I see evil if I read it. You should try it some time.
If you have only been taught half of the story, maybe that explains your stance. Study it ALL and then review your opinion.

Sponsored Links
If you have only been taught half of the story, maybe that explains your stance. Study it ALL and then review your opinion.
Even Newton realised how little he knew, standing on the shore or the sea of knowledge examining a few pebbles, and yet you have total faith in scientific methods being able to explain everything. :confused:

How can you forget something you've never been taught?
You see "evil" in the Bible because its convenient to push your own Bible bashing agenda.
Simples.

I see evil if I read it. You should try it some time.

My opinion would remain the same. That the Bible teachings are a force for good.

What about when God wants to destory Sodam, but first sends 2 angels down to tell the only righteous man in the city to flee before it's razed to the ground. The villagers surround the house and want to rape the male angels. The man then offers his 2 DAUGHTERS to the villagers to be raped instead of the angels.

I'd say that was pretty despicable and endorsed by god himself.

Sponsored Links
Do you have incontrovertible evidence that science can explain everything there is to know?

I have incontrovertible evidence that Science CANNOT explain everything there is to know, otherwise we would not need to investigate and test hypotheses.

What about when God wants to destory Sodam, but first sends 2 angels down to tell the only righteous man in the city to flee before it's razed to the ground. The villagers surround the house and want to rape the male angels. The man then offers his 2 DAUGHTERS to the villagers to be raped instead of the angels.

Mebbe they were two mingers. :LOL:

Norcon will Cherry Pick that little gem out of the justification.

I really can't imagine anything much more evil than that, although the God Botherers will justify it somehow, probably that The Devil hijacked Gods E-mail Address.

Norcon will Cherry Pick that little gem out of the justification.

I really can't imagine anything much more evil than that, although the God Botherers will justify it somehow, probably that The Devil hijacked Gods E-mail Address.

cajar is posting tosh and you've swallowed it.
:LOL:

And then you claim to know the Bible.

Your just a fool Bible basher who knows how to count a few numbers.

Do you have incontrovertible evidence that science can explain everything there is to know?

I have incontrovertible evidence that Science CANNOT explain everything there is to know, otherwise we would not need to investigate and test hypotheses.
Er, I was referring to the eventual state, not the current ongoing situation. So, to rephrase the question to remove ambiguity....Do you have incontrovertible evidence that science will be able to explain everything there is to know?

Genesis 19, if you know your bible norcon! lol.

Genesis 19 New International Version (NIV)

Sodom and Gomorrah Destroyed
19 The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground. 2 “My lords,” he said, “please turn aside to your servant’s house. You can wash your feet and spend the night and then go on your way early in the morning.”

“No,” they answered, “we will spend the night in the square.”

3 But he insisted so strongly that they did go with him and entered his house. He prepared a meal for them, baking bread without yeast, and they ate. 4 Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house. 5 They called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.”

6 Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him 7 and said, “No, my friends. Don’t do this wicked thing. 8 Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don’t do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof.”

6 Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him 7 and said, “No, my friends. Don’t do this wicked thing. 8 Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don’t do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof.”
Bit of a leap to assume he meant rumpy pumpy with his daughters. This is your filthy mind at work, not god's :mrgreen:

Genesis 19, if you know your bible norcon! lol.

Genesis 19 New International Version (NIV)

Sodom and Gomorrah Destroyed
19 The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground. 2 “My lords,” he said, “please turn aside to your servant’s house. You can wash your feet and spend the night and then go on your way early in the morning.”

“No,” they answered, “we will spend the night in the square.”

3 But he insisted so strongly that they did go with him and entered his house. He prepared a meal for them, baking bread without yeast, and they ate. 4 Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house. 5 They called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.”

LOT gave protection to the two men who arrived at his door from the pillow munchers.
Protecting one’s guests in ancient times required great sacrifice. Its not something you would understand.
When travellers came to your door in those times you never turned them away. Certainly not when harm was about to be laid upon them.

yep, but offering your daughters is a bit much. And god did decide to intervene to 'temporarily blind' the pillow biters so they couldn't find the door... why didnt he just kill them / or freeze them to the spot or .......... make them 'turn not gay'. lol.

yep, but offering your daughters is a bit much. And god did decide to intervene to 'temporarily blind' the pillow biters so they couldn't find the door... why didnt he just kill them / or freeze them to the spot or .......... make them 'turn not gay'. lol.

Cajar - that's nothing wait until you hear the convoluted explanations about how much incest is in the bible, especially as a result of having just Adam and Eve to start the gene pool !

Sponsored Links
Back