The Theory of Everything

yep, but offering your daughters is a bit much. And god did decide to intervene to 'temporarily blind' the pillow biters so they couldn't find the door... why didnt he just kill them / or freeze them to the spot or .......... make them 'turn not gay'. lol.

Cajar - that's nothing wait until you hear the convoluted explanations about how much incest is in the bible, especially as a result of having just Adam and Eve to start the gene pool !

LOL. think in the follow on from that exact story, Lot leaves Sodom and lives in the mountains. He falls into a drunken sleep, and his daughters say 'lets sleep with our sleeping father so we can start a new city'. LOL! not even jimmy saville would have got away with that tale.

Sponsored Links
yep, but offering your daughters is a bit much. And god did decide to intervene to 'temporarily blind' the pillow biters so they couldn't find the door... why didnt he just kill them / or freeze them to the spot or .......... make them 'turn not gay'. lol.

Cajar - that's nothing wait until you hear the convoluted explanations about how much incest is in the bible, especially as a result of having just Adam and Eve to start the gene pool !

LOL. think in the follow on from that exact story, Lot leaves Sodom and lives in the mountains. He falls into a drunken sleep, and his daughters say 'lets sleep with our sleeping father so we can start a new city'. LOL! not even jimmy saville would have got away with that tale.

It must be difficult as a believer when you have to either pretend that these stories are not in the bible, or you have to justify them.

Becaause if these are seen as fact......it's a tough wriggle after that

Some of you people have actually read that sh*t?? :eek:

Yes look what physics has given us. The ak 47, the atomic bomb, the hydrogen bomb, nerve gas, etc etc.
Just more advanced ways of killing each other.
And the ability for you to post your message, and for man to go to the moon, and GPS, and.... bascially the modern world.

And to think that religion held that advance back for centuries.
Yes it did. Well, that and corruption.
People still live in caves, indigenous tribes live off the forest, hunter gatherers etc.

What makes your life more fulfilled than theirs?
Why don't you ask them if they'd rather live a more modern existence. Most would.
Being able to write tosh on an internet forum?
Irony overload.

I think you've written on here about advanced forms of energy and how man needs an alternative right now.
What would it achieve other than to promote population growth and just more killing?
The exact opposite is true.
Cleaner better energy sources will improve society, leading to a lower birth rate, and less killing. The advanced weapons have paradoxically lead to more peace than you can conceive. 6billion people, and we are far less likely to be killed by war or any violent death than before the industrial revolution.
So you'll just have to come up with a more advanced killing method also since you think you are so clever. :rolleyes:
If you'd rather live in a mud hut with a lower life expectancy, be my guest. I'm sure you'll feel fullfiled in your own way.

Sponsored Links
I think that about sums it up Wobs.
I notice Norcon has gone very quiet. He must have seen the light.

Firstly I don't believe in beardy men in the sky. However I am damn happy that "most" religions have have started to selectively ignore the ****tybits of their writings. It's
enuff to have one religion still following ancient fairy storys to the letter. If all the others started taking their holy books literally you wouldn't be able to fookin move for terrorists.

"The advanced weapons have paradoxically lead to more peace than you can conceive. 6billion people, and we are far less likely to be killed by war or any violent death than before the industrial revolution."

If you think your beloved nuclear energy will never be unleashed on mankind again you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

BTW the east coast of Japan is a virtual wasteland.
Though no doubt you will make light of the situation.

One out of every three people will have cancer. What has given that other than your beloved modern world of physics advancement?
Round my way they are dropping like flies from the disease.

"The advanced weapons have paradoxically lead to more peace than you can conceive. 6billion people, and we are far less likely to be killed by war or any violent death than before the industrial revolution."

If you think your beloved nuclear energy will never be unleashed on mankind again you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Though I'm sure you will play it down.

One out of every three people will have cancer. What has given that other than your beloved modern world of physics advancement?

Change in tactic there Norcon. Presumably you can't defend the naughty bits in the Bible.
I think Mitch66 has a good point in that he is happy with all religions Cherry Picking the good bits. I agree with that approach, but they must not credit the good bit to a God unless they also attribute the naughty bits to the same guy. SO Cherry Pick the good bits as the acceptable writings of some Human Philosophers, not the White Bearded guy sat on a cloud.

Though I'm sure you will play it down.

Change in tactic there Norcon. Presumably you can't defend the naughty bits in the Bible.
I think Mitch66 has a good point in that he is happy with all religions Cherry Picking the good bits. I agree with that approach, but they must not credit the good bit to a God unless they also attribute the naughty bits to the same guy. SO Cherry Pick the good bits as the acceptable writings of some Human Philosophers, not the White Bearded guy sat on a cloud.

Well it looks like wobs is a bit smarter than you and he didn't have to start maligning the Bible. ;)

Well it looks like wobs is a bit smarter than you and he didn't have to start maligning the Bible. ;)

You don't have to be very smart to be smarter than me, and you it seems.

By the way , I don't malign the Bible, all I do is question a lot of it's contents. That is not maligning, it is questioning the writings and what it is trying to teach people and it does not make for good reading in my opinion.

But as you have said, you have only studied a fraction of the book, so you can't really be very well read on the subject to criticise those who question it.

A good hypothesis MUST withstand all criticism or change. That is how it works.

"Just look at the barbarity purported and recommended in your Bible. The giving away of children to their enemies etc,"

"By the way , I don't malign the Bible,"

:rolleyes:

OOh and btw I haven't studied any part of the Bible. I was taught certain parts.
The only time I hear of these "evil" parts is when Bible bashers like you are pushing their own agenda.

wobs must be stuck in google finding out how much of the Japanese east coast is destroyed. :LOL: :LOL:
(standing by for a salvo of links) :mrgreen:

By the way , I don't malign the Bible, all I do is question a lot of it's contents. That is not maligning, it is questioning the writings and what it is trying to teach people and it does not make for good reading in my opinion.
What? None of it or just the bits that you wish to cherry pick for the purpose of denegrating the whole thing?

With respect, you don't seem to be questioning things but are more hell bent in continuing your petty feud with Norcon. You started this thread with reverence to science but seem somewhat bereft of logic or balanced reason in your subsequent posts. Ego versus ego? :rolleyes:

"Just look at the barbarity purported and recommended in your Bible. The giving away of children to their enemies etc,"

"By the way , I don't malign the Bible,"

:rolleyes:

OOh and btw I haven't studied any part of the Bible. I was taught certain parts.
The only time I hear of these "evil" parts is when Bible bashers like you are pushing their own agenda.

How do you know if they are telling the truth or not then? Is it bible bashing or simply 'bible quoting'?

Sponsored Links
Back