The Tories so far..

Sponsored Links
Baffled? So why should you flag up as a contributor if you haven't contributed?

Didn't answer my question either as to one who has contributed half his life as PAYE and the other as SE.

Can't comment on SE, never been so, I have contributed 35 years of NI.

The HMRC stuff is mostly apolitical. The squeeze on IR35 has been going steadily for ages now.

Have the Tories done anything else yet? There's been the Brexit legislation but that's about all that I am remember.

Sponsored Links
The HMRC stuff is mostly apolitical. The squeeze on IR35 has been going steadily for ages now.

Have the Tories done anything else yet? There's been the Brexit legislation but that's about all that I am remember.

They've realised HS2 is a waste of money, but I feel they're too embarrassed to admit it.

They've realised HS2 is a waste of money, but I feel they're too embarrassed to admit it.
I think what this Tory government are secretly planning, is a high speed route South across the Channel. Reckon it will be better for business.(y)

Lol.
Enlighten us with your wisdom as to why it has taken the HMRC many years to uncover cleverly disguised tax dodgers?

Same model as Credit card industry, longer you've owed the more you pay, take note sit back do nothing for a while. The difference being even if you didn't think you owed your credit card company, doesn't matter, it's not up to you to decide what you owed and when as the legislation is so immense you'd need an army of accountants and plenty of cash to counter their claim, but you're still responsible either way and you WILL pay what they decide you owe.

But you're ok right so fck the rest? I personally don't like seeing people bullied by authority or anyone.

Have a read about DOTAS before you clumsily tumble into the debate misrepresenting some very intelligent builders on here.

I've had issues with HMRC when I was SE. Basically accused of fraud and theft and deception. But they could not find any proof.

Apology? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I've had issues recently too with them. They have "collated" income figures that are wildly incorrect, then given me the collywobbles insisting accurate figures are presented to them within a very tight time-frame, threatening that otherwise the wildly incorrect figures will be lodged as actual figures.

They're currently mumbling that billions have already been tipped down the drain, and if they stop, it will all be wasted.

The "sunk costs" fallacy.

When the Red Wall has lost interest, they'll quietly "postpone" it.

why it has taken the HMRC many years to uncover cleverly disguised tax dodgers?

..and then he posts this drivel.

Same model as Credit card industry, longer you've owed the more you pay, take note sit back do nothing for a while. The difference being even if you didn't think you owed your credit card company, doesn't matter, it's not up to you to decide what you owed and when as the legislation is so immense you'd need an army of accountants and plenty of cash to counter their claim, but you're still responsible either way and you WILL pay what they decide you owe.

But you're ok right so fck the rest? I personally don't like seeing people bullied by authority or anyone.
I guess I'll have to wait until someone who knows about scheming tax dodging and the HMRC comes along.

Dumb gammons.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I've had issues with HMRC when I was SE
Self employed folk are free to declare amounts varying from zero up to the true amount owed. Or, they could enter into a scheme designed to subvert the taxman out of his correct share. Fortunately, the HMRC have funds now to track down those who decided to dodge their true amount all those years.

My heart bleeds. Diddums.

Sponsored Links
Back