The youth of today.

I was walking through town after shops had shut, some horrible kid was kicking beer can against shop windows, I shouted at him loudly, he was intimidated and slunk off (result! :) )

then some other interfering busybody came up to me and harangued me for shouting at other people's kids :rolleyes:

On your way back from the boozer?

Hmmm? Have you seen the film Fight Club

:?:

Sponsored Links
I shouted at some scum to stop making a racket. I was told by a young woman "at least they're not doing anything worse".

This is a big problem.

Some members of the public have allowed themselves to become conditioned that shouting and swearing and other non-physical activity is acceptable. The trouble with that is, it becomes the norm. Kids think that if they do something & nobody complains, it must be acceptable. We need zero telerance. Throwing litter, shouting, swearing, being a nuisance etc... must be curtailed at every opportunity.

Otherwise, this unruly minority will continue to make life miserable for the (thankfully) vast majority who are law-abiding and respectful of others and frightened and intimidated by this kind of behaviour.

We must not feel afraid to walk down the road, or go shopping.

Young kids today lobbock on about "respect". The trouble is, they are talking about respect they feel is due them by their peers, but they have no respect for anyone or anything else.

blame all the do gooders who got punishment removed from schools and parents, this is all down to them ars*holes
kids need to learn from their mistakes if their naughty punish them not say oh your naughty you mustnt do that again, smack them, cane them at school

the next generation is going to be even worse

Sponsored Links
I agree completely ... No doubt IMO that corporal punishment either as a child in school or as an adult does work ... It certainly kept me in line when I was younger.

There are no deterrants for children nowadays ... Sitting them on the naughty step ... Hmmmnnnnnnn

Number of out of control teenagers is directly proportional to the number of doo-gooding a**ewipes who have taken all control away from parents and teachers.

MW

Why do you need corporal punishment at school?

Once you start earning it's rather easy to get for the right price.......... so i'm told :cool:

I'm not sure about corporal punishment.

My secondary school was Quaker, so I never had that. But I damn well knew right from wrong & to respect others.

Down the line, I fear each successive generation has less & less respect & this is obviously being passed on to the younger generations.

But there must be a fair few who buck the trend. I mean, my kids will be brought up in the same way I was. I would be horrified if they did not say please & thank you or trampled someones flowerbed or were cheeky.

It's not rocket science to learn good manners & respect.

blame all the do gooders who got punishment removed from schools and parents, this is all down to them ars*holes
kids need to learn from their mistakes if their naughty punish them not say oh your naughty you mustnt do that again, smack them, cane them at school

the next generation is going to be even worse

I cannot speak for the schools, but as a parent, NOBODY has took my means of punishment for my children away from me. Having said that, the schools don't need to punish my kids, they know they come home to it, if they misbehave.

Never had a problem because of how i am with them, my eldest girl is now 21, with a two yr old the first thing she said was, "dad, i see what goes on today, help me fetch the baby up the way you brought me up "

STOP blaming schools, theyr'e the parents responsability.

The schools struggle because of bad parenting.

I don't see NO problem with my next generation

Sponsored Links
Back