Timber prices?

blame the Chinese they started the caper ;)
Spit On, Yelled At, Attacked: Chinese-Americans Fear for Their Safety
As bigots blame them for the coronavirus and President Trump labels it the “Chinese virus,” many Chinese-Americans say they are terrified of what could come next.​
Blame transam and woody for promoting racial hatred with their persistent referral to the Chinese virus.

Sponsored Links
Lol. Brexit has not helped the supply to the building trade one iota. Quite the opposite. I'm hoping the horse and cart will come back into fashion.:rolleyes:
Brexit - what a pile of poo.

It may have some thing to do with
This virus caper ;)

and a world wide high demand for building materials ????

:idea::idea:

Sponsored Links
If the green lobby get there way the horse and cart will come back into fashion

plus push bikes with them carrier boxes on the front

or the norm may be this blokes method

Lol. Brexit has not helped the supply to the building trade one iota. Quite the opposite. I'm hoping the horse and cart will come back into fashion.:rolleyes:
So you dispute the BBC story?

Brexit - what a convenient scapegoat for a remainer for everything that goes wrong.

What timber is available is being held up by a lack of transport.
If that were true, you’d think the BBC might have mentioned it. Do they know what you do? Perhaps you could tip them off?

Brexit - what a convenient excuse for losing remainers to pass the blame for price rises and shortages in these pandemic times. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Well that's funny. My mate called me from Queensland this morning. He asks how's work?
I say good but prices are going up for materials and having problems getting supplies. He tells me exactly the same is happening in in QLD. Now do you think Brexit hasn't helped.

He told me people are spending more time at home because of lockdown and they are doing their houses up so there is more demand..... sound familiar?

"The cost of new builds will continue to rise because Brexit and a backlog in forestry licences has increased the price and scarcity of timber"

There's the 'B' word for you...

Common sense of course, except for the rabid brexiteers :rolleyes:

If that were true, you’d think the BBC might have mentioned it. Do they know what you do? Perhaps you could tip them off?

Brexit - what a convenient excuse for losing remainers to pass the blame for price rises and shortages in these pandemic times. :rolleyes:

the BBC are scared of losing their license so are basically a pro Tory media outlet now

try some other sources:

18th July
Building supplies shortages are leaving new homes unfinished and businesses in crisis
The knock-on effects of Brexit and coronavirus has created a "perfect storm" for the construction industry.
https://news.sky.com/story/building...-unfinished-and-businesses-in-crisis-12357300

Brexit’s soaring building costs in Northern Ireland is alarming
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/...in-northern-ireland-is-alarming-40670470.html

17th June 2021
The Timber Trade Federation said in May that Brexit-related complications have squeezed UK timber stocks, as 80% of the softwood used in building comes from Europe, and 90% of the softwood used for new build homes comes from the continent.

The Timber Trade Federation conducted a survey earlier this year and noted a range of ongoing logistical and administrative difficulties related to Brexit, which have led to supply problems and price rises. In particular they note the following three areas of concern:

https://www.emwllp.com/latest/brexit-and-the-supply-chain/

10th May 2021
The EU is a major source of supply to the UK for a wide range of construction materials.

But some exporters in the EU have now stopped supplying the UK due to additional red tape making it commercially unviable, while others have hiked prices to cover the new non-tariff barriers and additional administrative costs.
https://www.building.co.uk/news/bre...s-shortage-crisis-aecom-warns/5111687.article

so not excuses, just plain facts......

Sponsored Links
Back