With a friend in Sainsbury and he said .....

. There is shed loads of scare mongering, none of it is credible .

So none of your quotes come from anybody on here. just news reports you searched for on the web.

I looked at one of your links, it said:

"Industry experts have repeatedly warned that if Britain leaves the European Union without a deal in place there will be an increase in food prices and a shortage of fresh produce.

As 29 March – the date the UK is expected depart from the EU – fast approaches, supermarkets are stockpiling products and testing new routes to cope with expected disruption at the borders.

Britain imports around half of its food with most entering on lorries through Dover, so any potential logjams are likely to have a significant effect.

An executive at one of Britain’s four major supermarket groups, who declined to be named, said it was not necessarily possible to source all the required food from the UK."

Please explain how you came to the conclusion that none of it is true.

Do you deny that Britain imports about half its food?

Sponsored Links
Hate has gone awfully quiet. Perhaps he forgot the content of his own post. Poor old duffer.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps Hate thinks that it is only remainers that are currently filling refrigerated warehouses with food, stock-piling drugs etc.

You could not make it up. Dumb quitters.

Last edited:
Because as I have said over & over again, no one knows what will happen.
in the event of a no deal -we do know what would happen, but we dont know how quickly the government would be able to resolve all the issues

As somebody that voted leave, I used to think any issues would be the fault of the EU being awkward, well there is an element of that but mostly they have a need to protect the single market.

a no deal exit would be very damaging. Even the lack of knowing what is going to happen has caused huge cost to business.

Heres a personal example: I hear da guy on the radio saying he owned a number of bars in France and he employs about 100 staff, about 50 are British. In the even of a no deal, they will become illegal workers on the 30th March and he doesnt know what to do. should he lay them off now?

For what?
You accused remoaners of being behind the whole shortage of goods available to the UK, should a no deal Brexit occur. I think you tried to spin it as project fear.
Please show how or where remoaners are solely responsible?
So far all you have done is shoot yourself in the foot with mainstream news bulletins.

Tell us what WILL happen then
in the event of a no deal, there will be significant delays.

there will be problems across the board, on any number of things because regulations that have applied in many many sectors will suddenly stop dead.

Not only that, other countries will be looking to take as much trade from the UK as they can snatch, that is EU countries and others.

Even in the event of a Brexit deal going through, the UK will have to continuously concede during the trade talks. Thats what happened when TM agreed to the WA and divorce bill being agreed before trade talks. That means if the deal goes through, we will pay £39B, then we will have to concede on fishing rights, Gibraltar etc etc.

Then suppose we want a Norway deal -we will have to negotiate a price for being part of the single market -probably at a greater cost than we currently pay for full membership.

The UK was instrumental in setting up the single market -so leaving membership to pay as an associate member makes no sense whatsoever.

This unfortunately where we are headed -Ive never been a fan of the EU, it should not be a political union and it yields far too much power -but leaving it just creates never ending headaches for the UK. Staying in is much less of a headache.

Sponsored Links
Back