With a friend in Sainsbury and he said .....

You mean 360 degrees & ending up where you started? I am where I started on the subject of Brexit because I never altered from that place, leave with no deal.
So instead of using the brakes, you prefer to go over the cliff?
You are not driving alone, you are the driver of a bus, a big bus, a very big bus, full of all the people in the UK.
We are all doomed to share your fate.
We're all doomed I tell ya.

Sponsored Links
No, tell me where you think I said that.
You may not have specifically said it, but you have certainly been hinting strongly in that direction with all your other comments.

Perhaps the farmers will be forced to grow produce when the subsidies from the eu are stopped. Compulsory purchase land that has been bought & banked by greedy property developers, seeing as we wont need the houses now everyone has fukked off. Agriculture has advanced since WWII, I dare say we could produce a fair bit more than we used to & it would do some of those fat fukkers good to have a bit less food.

Of course not you half witted muppet. Why would it be just a one off, people aren't going to just give up if we leave the eu, or are all you remoaners miserable defeatists as well ?

I know lots of people who own chickens, they produce lovely eggs but some people wouldn't touch them as they're not from a shop so they don't trust them. I'll eat them, lovely poached egg or a mushroom omelette. Sod it, now I'm hungry.

Well with all these food shortages the remoaners assure will happen, then people will have to cut back, plus all these cars we'll no longer be able to get parts for & keep operational people will have to walk more, so yes, fitter, happier, more productive,comfortable, not drinking too much, regular exercise at the gym three days a week,getting on better with your associate employee contemporaries,at ease,eating well, no more microwave dinners and saturated fats, I could go on, but here

Sponsored Links
You seem to share JohnD's fixation with buses.
A big train, a big wagon, a big car, a big container. I have no preference when speaking metaphorically.
The end result is the same, you the driver, choosing to take your preferred route, take all your passengers with you against their will, without their knowledge, or with their consent, you have no consideration for their opinion.
You've metaphorically strapped them into their seats and are intent on insisting they come with you, over the cliff, whether they like it or not.
And nearly half of them strongly object. More of those that did agree to your reckless course of action are changing their minds by the day, as they realise the consequences of your intention.
But still you drive on!

There's a cacophony of voices calling for you to stop, but still you drive on!

You may not have specifically said it, but you have certainly been hinting strongly in that direction with all your other comments.
Hinting ? No, stating that we could produce more food than we did 60 years ago due to advances in agricultural techniques, we could also import a lot of things from countries outside the eu, as we have always done.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46237012

I don't mind it, really. It probably increases the possibility of the breakup of UK. But why not? As long as any breakup is not accompanied by violence.

The actual Free Trade Agreement is yet to come. That is where I would want as close a relationship as possible.
Of course, I would rather we had avoided nearly three years of wasted time, energy and money,(not only for us,for EU, and it's member states, for businesses in UK and EU, not to mention the stress for individuals affected) and decided to remain.

Seems ok to me too. Thanks.

Hinting ? No, stating that we could produce more food than we did 60 years ago due to advances in agricultural techniques, we could also import a lot of things from countries outside the eu, as we have always done.
OK, but food will be more expensive.
The government is expected next week to spell out its plan to mitigate a potential £9bn food-price shock from a no-deal Brexit, as analysts predict the cost of staples such as beef, cheddar cheese and tomatoes could soar.
The relationship with the EU is key to the price of food because nearly one third of the food eaten in the UK comes from the bloc. At this time of year the situation is more acute because, with UK produce out of season, 90% of lettuces, 80% of tomatoes and 70% of soft fruit is sourced from, or via, the EU.
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-eu-face-9bn-tariff-bill-under-no-deal-brexit
Let's go back to your preferred model.
How much as a percentage of wages, did food cost the average family before UK was in EU?
upload_2019-3-20_12-56-4.png

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42735294
So there has been a reduction in the percentage of wages spent on food, from about 33% to now about 16%. That's half of what it was!
You see, accepting one factor means that you must accept another related factor.
It just ain't that simple.

Right here Hate.....

all these food shortages the remoaners assure will happen

Oddly you then tried to justify your statement by posting references to mainstream news bulketins which were quoting people in the industry.
Meanwhile your remoaners claim is Stu making you look a ****.

Oddly you then tried to justify your statement by posting references to mainstream news bulketins which were quoting people in the industry.
Are they not remoaners making those statements?

Meanwhile your remoaners claim is Stu making you look a ****.
So who, if not remoaners, are making the statements? If you want to see someone looking like a ****, look in your mirror.

So there has been a reduction in the percentage of wages spent on food, from about 33% to now about 16%. That's half of what it was!
Because food is cheap in relative terms to what it was 60 years ago, a result of which is obese over eaters. If food was more expensive, people would not be throwing tons of it away every week and they would not be in the habit of eating for the sake of it.

Because food is cheap in relative terms to what it was 60 years ago, a result of which is obese over eaters. If food was more expensive, people would not be throwing tons of it away every week and they would not be in the habit of eating for the sake of it.

A lot of the reason we buy too much food is that the Supermarkets package food in set quantities these days, whereas years ago one could easily buy seperate foodstuffs, plus the fact we are brainwashed with "best buy" dates on products , which is a great idea for Producers this means goods are thrown away before they are consumed. We are at the moment in what the Food suppliers call the "Famine Months" where the majority of our own producers do not have the crops ready in the fields, another 3/4 months before harvesting,
so we have to rely on our EU Counterparts for supplies just at the time we are trying to crash out of the EU.
It dosent make sense to me .

Are they not remoaners making those statements?
No. The news bulletins do not specify. Your claim is wrong.
So who, if not remoaners, are making the statements
News outlets, food industry figureheads, supermarket bosses, etc.

You need to do more research boyo. None in those articles expressed affiliation to politics or brexit.

Latest Supermarket Gimmick "Buy one, get one free" why is it always more expensive buying one than buying the two ?

Sponsored Links
Back