With a friend in Sainsbury and he said .....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After Brexit these shelves will be empty .......he's right of course no countries will be queuing up to trade with us after brexit there is no world outside of the EU .........Nonsense I said ...prices will drop because there will be no tariffs.

After Brexit the EU will collapse.........at the next general election if brexit is delayed .....guess what is going to be the big manifesto ....Well take the UK out ....vote for us !!!!!! I can see it now ....

Sponsored Links
I read that Brexit will put £2000 on the price a Volkswagen Golf. How ridiculous... we will just stop buying them if that's the case (which it won't be!)

Efforts must be made in every sector to produce goods ourselves now - this is what the Brexit campaign should have been about: taking back control of our industries, manufacturing and farming. We can do it. (Our government don't want us to however!)

Not far from me in West Sussex is a place called Chichester food park.

Its a huge warehouse, refridgerated for fresh food.

Fresh food from Spain is delivered most months of the year.

During the UK summef frssh vegetables that are grown locally are processed, then delivered to Spain during their hit sumner when its too hot and dry to grow.

In the event of a no deal it would stop dead.

Your friend could be correct.

During the UK summef frssh vegetables that are grown locally are processed, then delivered to Spain during their hit sumner when its too hot and dry to grow.

Did you know what you was voting for??

Sponsored Links

The problem isn't when they've got here. the problem is getting them here while they are still fresh.
If these locally grown fresh foods are processed, then shipped to Spain, are they still fresh vegetables, or have they become processed vegetables?

It would depend on the process surely?
If they are simply chilled to retain their freshness then I don't see how they could be classed as processed. However, if they are cooked or have additives added to preserve them then maybe they could be classed as processed.

the retired leavers. They have the time, and it's what they wanted.

Hatejob, for one.

It's seasonal work, so they'll only need to do a few months a year. Obviously if we take hate's tip there'll be no fresh fruit or salad outside the picking season, and no green vegetables for part of the winter, with an impossible glut of tomatoes in late summer.

Now bear with me, just a wild wacky thought, but how about selling the UK grown veg in the UK? Could be a goer.

We dont grow enough to feed the population of London let alone the rest of the Country , even during the War Years we relied on Commonwealth Countries to supply us with food despite everyone digging up their gatdens for allotments

And the population of UK was about 45 million in 1940, of which 3 million might have been abroad at any one time.

He said they had already been picked & processed, so your point is irrelevant.
You are confused. We were talking about UK growing its own food to feed the UK, year on year.
You are referring to the food picked and processed for shipping to Spain.
Unless you think that this ready picked food will be sufficient for all the years to come in the future.
Or would this be a one-off? And tomorrow never comes.

Sponsored Links
Back