With a friend in Sainsbury and he said .....

in the event of a no deal, there will be significant delays.

there will be problems across the board, on any number of things because regulations that have applied in many many sectors will suddenly stop dead.

Not only that, other countries will be looking to take as much trade from the UK as they can snatch, that is EU countries and others.

Even in the event of a Brexit deal going through, the UK will have to continuously concede during the trade talks. Thats what happened when TM agreed to the WA and divorce bill being agreed before trade talks. That means if the deal goes through, we will pay £39B, then we will have to concede on fishing rights, Gibraltar etc etc.

Then suppose we want a Norway deal -we will have to negotiate a price for being part of the single market -probably at a greater cost than we currently pay for full membership.

The UK was instrumental in setting up the single market -so leaving membership to pay as an associate member makes no sense whatsoever.

This unfortunately where we are headed -Ive never been a fan of the EU, it should not be a political union and it yields far too much power -but leaving it just creates never ending headaches for the UK. Staying in is much less of a headache.
Another referendum then?

In see reports of EU not making a decision about the extension until next week.
In which case Operation Yellowhammer kicks off on Monday.

The news will be all over it.

Sponsored Links
[QUOTE="Ihavenojob, post: 4343372] There is shed loads of scare mongering, none of it is credible .

Having made his false and foolish allegation, hate is now trying to reverse away fro[/QUOTE]
Is it false or foolish? Are any of the stories credible ? no one knows what will happen so they can't be believable, just guessing & speculation.I never said they weren't true, which is what you are accusing me of doing.

Do you deny that Britain imports about half its food?

The fact that you don't like information doesn't make it false.

I can see this is difficult for you to grasp.

Sponsored Links
I'd give Ihavenojob some credit. He does have a reverse gear. Some on here don't, they drive blindly on, swerving from one bend to the next in blind panic. They don't realise they're going round in circles until it's pointed out to them. And they still refuse to accept it!
Metaphorically speaking, of course.

Another referendum then?
That would be my preferred option.

May deal -terrible, just terrible

no deal - not a sensible option

Labour deal - possible but not much better than May deal and much worse than existing deal.

anyway there is no consensus for anything, I just hope MPs dont fall for TM's blackmailing -and her lies that maintain her deal 'takes back control' -it only does that until trade talks start.

"None of it is credible" said hatejob.

More nonsensense from a Brextremist.

Don't know about him, but I have not "reversed" as you put it, have no idea what you are on about.
Oh, so you are one of those swerving blindly from one bend to the other in blind panic?
Ending up going round in circles without realising it?

Try the brakes, try reversing out of that tight corner. It really is the sensible option.

You could even try another tactic I've seen on here, just abandon the car , and walk away as if it was never yours in the first place, leaving the keys in for someone else to sort out.

That would be my preferred option.

May deal -terrible, just terrible

no deal - not a sensible option

Labour deal - possible but not much better than May deal and much worse than existing deal.

anyway there is no consensus for anything, I just hope MPs dont fall for TM's blackmailing -and her lies that maintain her deal 'takes back control' -it only does that until trade talks start.
Are we on the same page, at last?

Except, why bother with the referendum? We all know the outcome. I suppose it would give some legitimacy to the end result. But that would be the only reason for it.

What is the May deal? Apart from terrible.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46237012

I don't mind it, really. It probably increases the possibility of the breakup of UK. But why not? As long as any breakup is not accompanied by violence.

The actual Free Trade Agreement is yet to come. That is where I would want as close a relationship as possible.
Of course, I would rather we had avoided nearly three years of wasted time, energy and money,(not only for us,for EU, and it's member states, for businesses in UK and EU, not to mention the stress for individuals affected) and decided to remain.

Sponsored Links
Back