Time to devolve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking at the map, it is quite clear that there is a fundamental difference in how Ireland, Wales, Scotland and England think.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...2/UK-General-Election-2010-political-map.html

Is it time we devolved completely? As whatever happens the government is going to be completley different to what atleast one country-state wants.

The union experiment in my opinion has failed....let cornwall go too if they vote to.

Sponsored Links
If you look at the "proportional" results map on the BBC website, where the map is adjusted to represent each constituency as covering the same area (so that small, but densely populated constituencies show the same amount of colour as large, rural ones),

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/election2010/results/

then there's a strong argument for the north of England to be devolved from the shandy drinkers down south!

If you look at the "proportional" results map on the BBC website, where the map is adjusted to represent each constituency as covering the same area (so that small, but densely populated constituencies show the same amount of colour as large, rural ones),

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/election2010/results/

then there's a strong argument for the north of England to be devolved from the shandy drinkers down south!
If they wanted to, in order to speed up their slump into becoming a third world, then that is ok by me.

That said, my point was, that it is CLEAR that Wales want a labour government. 26 of 40 seats declared for labour.

It is CLEAR that Scotland want a labour government. 41 out of 59 seats declared for labour

It is CLEAR that NI do not want a labour, conservative or Lib Dem government...they didn't get any seats.

And in England, it is clear (even though slightly tighter) that the conservatives have the majority 297 out of 532.

And if the NE and NW voted to join Scotland (they are probably closer to them than the English in Lineage anyway) they should be allowed, therefore NE,NW and scotland can have a labour government with a huge majority and once NE and NW go, the tory majority in England would be huge too.

Sponsored Links
The "shandy drinkers down south" are what keep this country afloat, I'd be happy for the northerners to join Scotland.

The "shandy drinkers down south" are what keep this country afloat, I'd be happy for the northerners to join Scotland.

amen to that :D

we'd be a world powerhouse again. Although it wouldn't be long before we had an influx of northern refugees :LOL:
bloody northerners, coming down ere, taking our jobs :evil:

In England alone the Tories have a majority of 62.

Labour have an in-built majority to start off with, since the welsh and the scots will always support labour, and there no tory seats there.

I think its time to make your mind upo.

SCOTLAND: either pull or your MP's out of westminster, and run your own country (less of course the £1000 a head subsidy, and our armed forces), or drop the half hearted independence, rejoin the UK, and rejoin the bloody Labour party.

Wales: You can have the opposite deal. Just **** off, and take your MP';s with you. We'll construct border posts later.

That would balance things out and we wouldnt need PR then.

SCOTLAND: either pull or your MP's out of westminster, and run your own country (less of course the £1000 a head subsidy, and our armed forces

Oh do come on Lincs. Where would our British Army be with out the likes of the Scots Guards, Black Watch, Gordon Highlanders etc etc

we'd be a world powerhouse again. Although it wouldn't be long before we had an influx of northern refugees :LOL:

not a problem, we can build a bloody big wall to keep them out. It will create more jobs for us as well. Worked in berlin, korea and palestine :LOL:

not a problem, we can build a bloody big wall to keep them out. It will create more jobs for us as well. Worked in berlin, korea and palestine :LOL:

Personally i think it was a big mistake allowing Hadrians Wall and Offas Dike to fall into disrepair.

**edit**

LOL the censor wipes out the worh D I KE no matter how its spelt :LOL:

NI don't really have any Labour, LibDem or Conservatives standing so they wouldn't win any seats there

NI don't really have any Labour, LibDem or Conservatives standing so they wouldn't win any seats there

Exactly. How bad is that, the government of the UK, of which NI is a part, doesn't even bother to stand any people in NI.

Exactly. How bad is that, the government of the UK, of which NI is a part, doesn't even bother to stand any people in NI.
The reason there were no labour candidates standing in NI was because residents of NI are barred from joining the Labour party or at least they were.

Sponsored Links
Back