Tinnitus

• Thread starter Deleted member 294929
  • Start date
Unfortunately the days of GP with big silver syringe sending the tide of warm water in then back out (that's what it felt like) complete with any gunk, compliments of NHS are over. Have to go to local hearing aid place to get in vacced out. Not cheap Bod, but would be my first port of call. At least they can have a good look and see what's what.

Never had tinitus, but imagine it could be a nightmare having an annoying noise you can't turn off, day or night. Like being married. :eek:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Unfortunately the days of GP with big silver syringe sending the tide of warm water in then back out (that's what it felt like) complete with any gunk, compliments of NHS are over.
That was my first experience of ear syringing about 35 years ago. My ear got blocked going down a water slide at Center Parcs and still hadn’t cleared after a month. The doctor used a big, spring loaded syringe. He gave me a kidney shaped tray to hold and catch the water and gunk that came out. It felt like it had gone in one ear and came out the other! The gunk that was in the tray was amazing. I walked home, literally listening to the birds singing. When I got home, Mrs Mottie said "look in the mirror". I did and saw that one side of my face was covered with ear wax. The b'stard doctor had let me walk out and go home like that!

Unfortunately the days of GP with big silver syringe sending the tide of warm water in then back out (that's what it felt like) complete with any gunk, compliments of NHS are over. Have to go to local hearing aid place to get in vacced out. Not cheap Bod, but would be my first port of call. At least they can have a good look and see what's what.

Never had tinitus, but imagine it could be a nightmare having an annoying noise you can't turn off, day or night. Like being married. :eek:

I had a few to many the other week and it was thumping. I only really hear it once in bed. I can imagine people get worse.

60 Quid I think a specsavers. That's not too bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I has a few to many the other week and it was thumping. I only really hear it once in bed. I can imagine people get worse.

I can imagine everyone suffers some level of tinnitus, except like the heartbeat noise, of blood flow - the brain mostly filters it out. It's this failure of the 'filter', when it shows up.

Sponsored Links
Had tinnitus for over 40 years. I can hear it over almost everything these days. Both ears! Very loud. Even if i got headphones on i can hear it.

These days i syringe them myself with a device called a waterpik flosser. It shifts a lot of wax out!

I wouldnt recommend using one as quite powerful. My ears are knackered anyway.

I can imagine everyone suffers some level of tinnitus, except like the heartbeat noise, of blood flow - the brain mostly filters it out. It's this failure of the 'filter', when it shows up.
Booked in for Monday to have a suck by Sam.

Have to apply olive oil until then to soften it down, sucking does work if its too hard I'm told.

Have to apply olive oil until then to soften it down, sucking does work if its too hard I'm told.
Some say oil, some say not. Click hearing prefers not as they spray something in first and then pull a bloody great wodge out in one go. Either way, don’t forget to take pictures. (y)

Some say oil, some say not. Click hearing prefers not as they spray something in first and then pull a bloody great wodge out in one go. Either way, don’t forget to take pictures. (y)
As long as Sam doesn't mind then I'll get some action shots.

Sponsored Links
Back