Tinnitus

Sponsored Links
That was my first experience of ear syringing about 35 years ago. My ear got blocked going down a water slide at Center Parcs and still hadn’t cleared after a month. The doctor used a big, spring loaded syringe. He gave me a kidney shaped tray to hold and catch the water and gunk that came out. It felt like it had gone in one ear and came out the other! The gunk that was in the tray was amazing. I walked home, literally listening to the birds singing. When I got home, Mrs Mottie said "look in the mirror". I did and saw that one side of my face was covered with ear wax. The b'stard doctor had let me walk out and go home like that!

Mine were first done the old way when I was a small boy (maybe between 7 or 9 years old). My Mum took me and my ears were quite bad too. She was mortified at the amount that came out and seemed to feel she had failed as a mother by letting them get in that state. She seemed to think it was a failing on her part and she should have made sure my ears were cleaned better. It was later explained to her that the wax is deep inside and going mining with cotton buds to remove it would poss have caused irreperable damage. Mercifully though, the very old school GP (Dr Wethered, rest his soul) cleaned up properly after his efforts. (y)

Mums! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Some say oil, some say not. Click hearing prefers not as they spray something in first and then pull a bloody great wodge out in one go. Either way, don’t forget to take pictures. (y)
What is this you speak of? Who does such wizardry?

£60 at Specsavers isn’t bad. I was paying £80 a time for mine at click hearing. I tried to book for today but inline it says I must use ear drops for 5 days before the appointment to soften the wax. The first time I went, they pulled a cigarette sized plug of wax from each ear! :sick:

View attachment 335676
I'm booked in for Monday. They said 3-5 days using ear drops beforehand.

I've gone for the 4. 5 is maximum.

I woke up about 4 as I often do, instead of getting up as I do sometimes, I gave my self some Extra olive oil . Both ears this time and blocked my ears with tissue. It restricted the noise and I slept so well.

Never put it down to the thumping that wakes me in the early hours. ... but

It can drive people crazy, tinnitus. Thank goodness i have learned to live with it as for me its extremely loud!!

When it gets to the point my ears feel blocked and my hearing goes i then bring out the 'waterpik'....

Mine were first done the old way when I was a small boy (maybe between 7 or 9 years old). My Mum took me and my ears were quite bad too. She was mortified at the amount that came out and seemed to feel she had failed as a mother by letting them get in that state.

I've never had mine done, ever. What I do notice, is that my left ear produces more wax, than the right one, but I've never had one blocked. As witnessed by the use of a cotton bud, prior to the treatment with H2O2. After the H2O2, a cotton bud shows clean.

It's only the past 30 years, where I have used the H2O2, hydrogen peroxide.

The ear that's getting the thumping was clear.
However the opposite ear was blocked.

They recommend going back to my Doctor because of possible high blood pressure.
20240311_091610.jpg

Attachments

• 20240311_091620.jpg
    20240311_091620.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 12
The ear that's getting the thumping was clear.
However the opposite ear was blocked.

I'm surprised you didn't notice, couldn't feel it was blocked. I've only suffered an intermittent blocked ear once, but it was very noticeable at the time.

Sponsored Links
Back